PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tool Rack Ideas/Pictures

AssuredServicesCo
02-21-2005, 11:16 PM
I've run into a problem time and again when carrying all the hand tools I need when doing a large landscape installation. The tools are always in the way of other tools on the trailer or truck and it's a pain to unload all of them just to get them out of the way of something else. I'm talking about rakes, shovels, hoes, brooms, picks and the like. The tubes or pipes I've see attached to trailers appear to allow you to carry a few tools. I was thinking a steel box with an expanded metal bottom welded to the front of the trailer might be good. I would have the box the width of the trailer and about a foot high and deep, then have a rod going across mid way up to hold the tools from falling off. Has anyone else had to tackle this problem? My trailer is 4' high. Please post photos if you have made anything that works well. Thanks alot.

gogetter
02-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Mike, that seems like it would be a pretty good idea. At first, I didn't get it, I thought you were walking about laying the tools down. But after reading it a second time, I realize you're talking about standing them up.

Just a comment, you mentioned putting a rod across to hold things in. I would maybe put two rods across, one lower and one higher. The higher one will hold tall stuff like rakes, shovels, etc. And the lower one will hold shorter stuff like pick axe, sledge, etc.

Then I'd also put shorter rods in to divide up the width of the space to better hold things in and keep them from falling over.

lawncare3
02-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Here: .................................................................................