PDA

View Full Version : need to replace bed on dump truck

keene1bj
02-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I bought a 1997 chevy 3500hd dump truck but it needs a new bed as it it rusted and rotted out due to salt. I need to replace it but don't know who to contact about doing so. Can anyone recomend someone or a website on getting a new dump bed?

thanks

Smalltimer1
02-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Can you post pics, you might be able to get by with some good patching welded in.

Gravel Rat
02-26-2005, 01:11 AM
It all depends on how much money you want to spend it also depends on if the hoist is in good shape and its not worn out or rusted out. If the truck has carried road salt what is the rest of the truck like ?

You can look at www.rugbymfg.com

MidAtlantic
02-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Theres a truck body made by ABC Truck bodies that is a dump and all of the metal surfaces are sandblasted and coated with something like Rhino Liner..The inside of the body floor is a thick composite that is dent resistant, freeze resistant and has a lot less friction than steel. You can dump your entire load at lower dumping angles with a composite than with steel.

Its worth looking at...Plus they have many other variations of composite truck bodies that weight less than total steel bodies.

JLLawn
02-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Keene,
Where in Southeast Mich. Are you exactly? If you are in a reasonable distance from Toledo, Ohio, I would suggest going to Kalida Truck. We bought dump inserts, plows, spreaders, utility boxes, and much more from them. They do good work and they know what they are talking about, may not be the cheapest around but they will stand behind their work and the products they sell. Hope that helps you out.

Jeff