PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy backhoe seacoast NH area

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-24-2005, 11:24 AM
hi i'm looking to get a backhoe loader to use with my landscape/snow removal business. we have never owned 1 before and we just started our business this past fall. IS is there anyone on the seacoast in NH, MA, ME selling a backhoe? thanks

bill

slow release
02-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Ace, try looking in Uncle Henry's Weekly. It's $1.50 at most convenience stores. Look under Farm & Garden/ Farm. The best part about it is All the ads placed are pretty local (ME,NH etc..). You can look online @ www.unclehenrys.com (http://www.unclehenrys.com) but I'm not sure if you need a membership or not.
Good Luck!
Also, I've decided to hang on to my mower, FYI

SodKing
02-27-2005, 12:17 PM
hi i'm looking to get a backhoe loader to use with my landscape/snow removal business. we have never owned 1 before and we just started our business this past fall. IS is there anyone on the seacoast in NH, MA, ME selling a backhoe? thanks

bill

MB Tractor has used Backhoes that people trade in. They also have a used equipment auction at the Plaistow shop every spring where you can get good deals on used equipment. I'll get some more info on this for you. I got my first backhoe used from MB (Mears then) and last spring upgraded to a new 30HP Kubota. MB is opening a new sales shop on Route 1 in Portsmouth, they also own East Eliot Garage in Eliot me.

Lawnchoice
02-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Is the new MB shop where Merchants used to have a small rental fleet?

SodKing
02-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, it looks like the reconstruction just started. Probably more exposure than at east eliot garage. Have you ever been to the used equipment auction they have?

Lawnchoice
02-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Actually went to one about 5 years ago back when Mears had it.

York rake for 200 bucks almost new.

Wonder what brands the Rye location is going to have??

SodKing
02-27-2005, 10:31 PM
MB has them now. I have bought a lot of good items, some just for fun. Last year I went as usual and normally spend just a little money . My wife asked how much I spent when I got home and I said "hmmm...not much a little over 24 grand!!!!""" :) Thats when I bought the new Kubota. I may be selling an antique International at this years auction, it depends we have some other people looking at it as well.

I only saw a few Kubota tractors in Portsmouth. They really haven't even opened yet, still remodelling.

Lawnchoice
02-28-2005, 08:16 AM
MB has them now. I have bought a lot of good items, some just for fun. Last year I went as usual and normally spend just a little money . My wife asked how much I spent when I got home and I said "hmmm...not much a little over 24 grand!!!!""" :) Thats when I bought the new Kubota. I may be selling an antique International at this years auction, it depends we have some other people looking at it as well.

I only saw a few Kubota tractors in Portsmouth. They really haven't even opened yet, still remodelling.

I might take a ride up there and see what they are going to have for brands. On another note, if I forget to ask them, what is the date for the auction this year?

SodKing
02-28-2005, 06:14 PM
not sure I'll call tomorrow if I can stay awake...:) more snow yippee

Lawnchoice
02-28-2005, 08:15 PM
I gave them a call today.

Didn't seem to know WHAT they were putting in the new store other than Kubota.

Didn't know when the auction was either. I didn't however call Plaistow.

Good luck plowing guys. At least there is snow around the edges so it should be quicker than the previous storms after melting occured.