PDA

View Full Version : Locating a tank

Mowin4cash
02-03-2001, 09:27 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking for my first "real" spray rig. Just got my license and would like to get a 100 to 200 gallon rig for my truck. I like the ones at Lesco, but they seem kinda high in price to me. Anywhere elso to get these type of tanks?

Thanks,

Mike

Craig Turf Management
02-04-2001, 12:18 AM
I bought the LESCO 100 gal. sprayer for about 3000.00 last spring, and it is an excellent tool. About a week later I was in Northern Tool, and they had a comparable sprayer, 5.5 kaw, 100 gal, 300ft hose mounted on a skid for around 1800.00 . I can't vouch for the Northern sprayer, but for 1200.00, it's worth checking out.
Bill

greengeezer
02-05-2001, 08:02 PM
Mike,

There are lots of sprayer dealers/builders out there. Just as it is with any equipment purchase, anybody can sell it but who will stand behind it. Pumps need maintenance, hoses blow, ect. usually when you need it the most,dandies out the yingyang and the phone ringing off the hook. Service and parts availability are worth the extra cost.

Skookum
02-06-2001, 04:11 AM
http://www.Westheffer.com good stuff, not the most inexpensive, but good.

The Northern unit is OK for the money. In fact I think so many times what I could have done with the $1,100.00 I would have saved by buying it from them. It is not as rugged built skid as Lesco or Westheffer, but if small operation and not alot of spraying accounts like myself, money saved would help buy another mower or other usefull equipment.

Greg Amann
02-06-2001, 08:26 PM
We're 3 years into our 2nd Lesco 100 gal. rig. Most we priced are cheaper but we didn't find any that were better built. We have had little to no problems with either of them outside normal wear and tear. Our oldest one is 8 years old and we rebuilt the Honda 5.5 engine on it for the first time 3 months ago. We have replaced the pump and rebuilt the old one which we rotate out annually to rebuild and have ready in case of emergency. Both of ours are the fiberglass tanks with the gel coating. They have a sight glass on the side that can be changed out when they get too bad. This makes it nice if you need to make up a specific amount.