PDA

View Full Version : Financing equipment

SlimJim Z71
02-03-2001, 09:57 PM
I currently plow snow, and use a "broomer" during the summer to sweep parking lots. The broomer is just not cutting it. I want to get into the sweeping business full-blast, and I kind of have the attitude of "If you're going to do, do it right the first time!"

I want to get a NEW sweeper, and it would be nice to be able to get another NEW truck to plow with. Anyone have any thoughts on where to go for funding? I've got most of my money wrapped up in my current equipment, so I don't have a lot of reserves to put towards a new set-up.

-Tim

Randy Scott
02-03-2001, 10:29 PM
I would guess SlimJimZ71 that you would have to figure out if you can afford another truck payment based on your income, past credit history, things like that. It may be possible, if you make enough money to pay for it. I don't know if your truck you have now is paid for or not, or if you're making a payment, if you can afford two payments. Maybe you could make a " small business plan " to present to the bank for your new service and so forth. I'm sure the guys on here with more info. and insight could give you some better ideas. These are just a couple that came to my mind.

bob
02-03-2001, 10:34 PM
I think they make kits that fit into your truck bed that have a sweeper and vacuum on it. This would allow you to use the same vehicle that you currently sweep and plow with.

Mike Nelson
02-04-2001, 09:42 AM
Slimjim,
I have a sweeper and bought it with the same thoughts as yours.Bought a Schwarze 348-I on a gmc cabover.Price was$68,000.If you call me on Monday,I could give you a list of people to call for financing.(845)896-7569

mowing king
02-04-2001, 10:10 AM
are you looking to sweep trash or sand? sweeping Big time is another business outside of landscaping.if you want to sweep your own accounts thats one thing but the sweeping business is not really landscaping. Whats your Business?

We sweep our own account with a sweeper on the front of the bobcat. and i sub out the big condos.
I make more money subing out than if i did it myself. the guy comes in with a big BrownBear truck. sweeps 8ft and holds 4 yds.

you might want to sub out the bigger sweeping job considering your already in business as a landscaper and leave the sweeping to the sweeping companies.

P.S. Many Alca memebers are getting out of sweeping and subing it out, they figured it out.

zimm4
02-04-2001, 12:58 PM
Using A sub is A good way of growing until you get equipment. I know guys that never do any work. They handle the paper and make a good living.

SlimJim Z71
02-04-2001, 02:43 PM
How do I go about finding a sub to do sweeping? Do I just find the accounts, set-up a pay scale, and then pay him a certain amount? I was kind of thinking that I would like to do the work, mainly to get out of working on cars. Plus, if I'm doing the work, I don't have to worry about quality, or if the job is getting done.

Mowingking,
I sweep parking lots. That could include trash, gravel, litter, leaves, glass, nails etc...

-Tim

Guido
02-04-2001, 04:02 PM
Once you get to know a contractor and work with him a couple of times you should know what he's going to charge to do a job. You add on your profit for all the admin and marketing and you give him his cut. If you give them enough work, eventually they may drop their price to you so you can take a little more of the profit home.

Good Luck!

mybabyciv
02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
What kind of broom do you use?