PDA

View Full Version : What size trailer for 2 21"

Mclaughld
02-24-2005, 06:08 PM
What size trailer will be just big enough to fit 2 21" mowers side by side? What should I expect to pay?

scottt
02-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to put them in the back of your truck, or do you not have a truck?

The C Man
02-24-2005, 08:17 PM
If that's all you're going to carry you could get something really cheap from Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?CategoryID=441&pricetype=

Mclaughld
02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to put them in the back of your truck, or do you not have a truck?
Because i want to save my back.

scottt
02-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Would two wooden ramps not work? That's what I did when I worked for a friend years ago. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just curious. Otherwise a trailer like C Man posted would be just about right.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok , slighty off topic, I would look @ a 5x8 in case you decide to move up to a larger walkbehind unit. A 4 x8 would get you by for now but if you move up to maybe a 48'' mower it would be too small, just my 2 cents

Lawnchoice
02-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Get one of the rideon spreader ramps that plugs into a hitch. Has the ramp built in and I would imagine with some modifications you could get both on there.

Much easier to get around that way!

dvmcmrhp52
02-24-2005, 09:33 PM
What size trailer will be just big enough to fit 2 21" mowers side by side? What should I expect to pay?

Is this question for real?
Let's see............21 times 2 equals................. ;)

Mclaughld
02-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Thank you C Man for the link. I must have been unclear in my question because everyone gave me suggestions on what else i could do instead of answering my question about the trailer.

I have 2x21" mowers. I want the smallest trailer possible that will fit them side by side. The trailer needs to have a ramp built into it. What size trailer do you think covers this and what should i expect to pay. Does anyone have a link to a trailer like this?

Please dont suggest ramps or hover crafts or catapults or anything else besides a trailer that fit this description. :D

grass_cuttin_fool
02-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Thank you C Man for the link. I must have been unclear in my question because everyone gave me suggestions on what else i could do instead of answering my question about the trailer.

I have 2x21" mowers. I want the smallest trailer possible that will fit them side by side. The trailer needs to have a ramp built into it. What size trailer do you think covers this and what should i expect to pay. Does anyone have a link to a trailer like this?

Please dont suggest ramps or hover crafts or catapults or anything else besides a trailer that fit this description. :D
I stated that a 4x8 would do it, Im not sure of the width of a 21'' mower but 2 x 21'' = 42 so that leaves you 6 inches to spare. Northern tool has a 4x8 with a gate for around $500.00 I think, here is a link
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=200244924&R=200244924

gogetter
02-24-2005, 10:53 PM

For crying out loud, go on ebay or google and do a little leg work of your own. Don't get an attitude when people don't GIVE you exactly what you want.

The smallest trailer I've seen that is road tow-able is a 4'x4'. But it doesn't come with a ramp, you'd either have to build a ramp or have someone build one for you. By the time you've spent the money for all that, you could have bought 5 other options that would have worked better (some were mentioned above). A trailer for 2 21" mowers is a waste. Plain and simple.

nt1
02-25-2005, 10:14 AM
A trailer just big enough for two 21" mowers would probably bounce around alot and be difficult to back up however you only need about a 4' x 3' with low side rails. Maybe a jet ski trailer or something similiar with ramps and no gate. Ramps on something that low to the ground could be very short and light-weight. What are you going to do with all the extra trimmers, edgers, blowers, hand tools, gas cans, oil, trash bags, string line, and so on?

Smalltimer1
02-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Lowe's and Home Depot also have 4x6's, 4x8's, and 5x8's for under $550.

Mowman29
02-25-2005, 02:01 PM

Are you serious? What are you going to do pull it with a Ford Taurus no let me guess: a 1988 Yugo

If you don't have a truck your not in the business!!!!

nt1
02-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Not EVERYONE in this business requires large trailers for several ztr's and large walkbehinds!

Now, if memory serves Mclaughld asked the simple question: What size trailer would accomodate 2 21" mowers?

Perhaps Mr. Mclaughld operates in a market where a small trailer and 21" mowers would work well or perhaps is just starting out. I will not assume to know what type of tow vehicle is being used or anything else.

Mclaughld- You can get a new 5x8 trailer with gate for about $500.00 around here. If you don't mind me asking.. why such a small trailer?

Mclaughld
02-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Mclaughld If you don't mind me asking.. why such a small trailer?

The yards here are to small for a larger mower. I wanted to use a trailer because i dont want to have to lift a 100 pound mower in and out of the bed of the truck 30 times a day.
This isnt directed at you nt1, but why so much venom from everyone? Not every market is the same. My equipment wouldnt work well in your market and you equipment wouldnt do well here. Lighten up people.

dvmcmrhp52
02-25-2005, 07:30 PM
The yards here are to small for a larger mower. I wanted to use a trailer because i dont want to have to lift a 100 pound mower in and out of the bed of the truck 30 times a day.
This isnt directed at you nt1, but why so much venom from everyone? Not every market is the same. My equipment wouldnt work well in your market and you equipment wouldnt do well here. Lighten up people.

It has nothing to do with the equipment, It has to do with the question.

KINGjosh
02-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Seriously,Can i ask what vehicle your using to pull it? Maybe that might help me figure out why you want a trailer. I know you said for the lifting, but do you have back problems? Your only 24. If you dont have a truck, then i can totally see why. You dont need a truck to be in bussiness. Your setup will most likely give you very high profits with little over head. Good Luck

You could tie 2 skateboards together, then pull them around with a string no problem. LOL ( just kidding)

Mclaughld
02-25-2005, 08:38 PM
This is why i need a trailer! HAPPY?!!!? :cool:

nt1
02-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, you definetly need a small trailer but I did not see a hitch on that rig! :D

gogetter
02-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Is there a reason you don't want to use some sort of ramp on the truck instead?

KINGjosh
02-26-2005, 03:26 PM
I'd be afraid to leave that on the side of the road connected to the trailer.
I dont know if your joking or not, but you will get a lot more tickets with that thing.

Mowman29
02-27-2005, 02:13 AM

Sorry I didn't know you didn't want to put pick up the mowers every time. I see where you are now and see why you use 21's get a small trailer from any home improvement store. Around here you be in the $300-$400 range. Good luck

GTLC
02-28-2005, 12:14 PM
look at this link from harbor freight, you might as well just get the EXCESS CARGO CARRIER from Harbor Freight. I think you can fit two 21"s on it back to back. Only $60

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=34313

northmichigan
02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
this maybe a good situation for an enclosed trailer. just a 5x8 cargo model to keep two 21's and a trimmer safe and dry.
IMHO a small business that is easy to maintain with neat storage might be pleasurable to operate.
mj