PDA

View Full Version : Open Or Enclosed

LightningLawns
02-24-2005, 09:18 PM
I don't think i'll ever buy an enclosed trailer. They look more professional but, isn't it harder to get in an out of the thing when your working? I have my edger,weed wacker and blower on my trailer and all I have to do is grab it right there, without haveing to walk up the ramp and inside the trailer to get it. also you can't haul sod,mulch, or debris as easily as an open trailer.

Mo Green
02-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Both have their pros and cons. I guess it just depends on individual needs. I would like to have one of each.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Im with MO GREEN I want one of each lol

Mo Green
02-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I have an open trailer now. Easy to access equipment, good for leaves or mulch, and is much lighter than an enclosed. But with the enclosed, it's not so easy for someone else to access your equipment(theft), everything is protected from the weather, and it can be a traveling billboard.

MDScpr
02-24-2005, 10:03 PM
We just ordered a 7X18 enclosed trailer. I guess we have the best of both worlds though with 3 open and now this one. If you get one big enough (you always need bigger than you think) you will have plenty of room to do what you need to do.

Tomt
02-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Initially had open and have had enclosed for about a year and a half.

IMHO for regular day to day lawn maintenance the enclosed is the only way to go.

On a 95* sunny summer day, going up a ramp to to get an edger or trimmer from the shade of an enclosed trailer is not bad at all. Same for the rain.

I still use my open trailer, now with 5' sides added, for mulch, sod, hauling shrub debris, etc.

No trailer is best for everything. :cool:

Groundcover Solutions
02-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Enclosed offers you much more security and also protects your equipment from the elements. All of the large companies in our area only use enclosed trailers you also have a great means of advertising using them. I have used both when we were back in our lawn mant. days. typicaly if we had to bring in more material than what would fit in the back our our truck we would have it delivered.

Metro Lawn
02-24-2005, 11:01 PM
We are phasing out the open trailers. Mulch, clippings, debris, ect. goes in the dump trucks.

yamadooski
02-24-2005, 11:41 PM
We have had enclosed trailers now for about 6 years. All the stuff we use from property to property goes in the back of the truck.
At the last property everything goes back in the trailer.
The enclosed trailer will get you out of the weather like our great lightning.
Also the enclosed trailer is a driving billboard.
If you do get an enclosed trailer look at Hwy Star or Predator Eagle both are built in the Tampa area.
If you want phone # PM me and I will get them for you.

Toy2
02-24-2005, 11:50 PM
My 6 by 12 enclosed is perfect, it was worth the money to me to keep things secure and protected...go for an enclosed if you can!!

scarr133
02-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Enclosed are nice because you can keep all your equipment locked up inside and you don't have to load everything up on the days you are mowing. The opens are nice because you can use them for about anything, especially hauling mulch and topsoil. Both have their downfalls. If you are rolling in the money, get both!