PDA

View Full Version : How can i improve my latest flyer?

Royallawncare
02-25-2005, 08:58 PM
I am not sure i like the idea of this flyer but i need suggestions on how to change it to be better and more professional looking without paying for a designer

Eddie B
02-25-2005, 09:04 PM
I am not sure i like the idea of this flyer but i need suggestions on how to change it to be better and more professional looking without paying for a designer

First suggestion, don't tell people what you charge until you personally give their lawn an estimate. By throwing out prices on flyers, you tend to look like a lowballer and/or cheap (as in quality).

Royallawncare
02-25-2005, 09:13 PM
I tend to disagree with you Bailey simply for the fact that if you post somekind of a price on your flyer i would think more people would feel inclined to call you because they would have a general idea of what they are getting into and it keeps all those people who are only looking to pay the minimum out

Eddie B
02-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Something else I wanted to pick on here... it says "Your lawn is our resume - Your satisfaction is our reward". Almost sounds like you're using them. Your profile says you're 16. Are you licensed and insured? Might want to add that to the flyer.

Carolina Cutter
02-25-2005, 10:07 PM

OK I had it open 2 seconds and immediately found a problem......

DEFINE NORMAL

What is normal of a yard for you might not be for me....in other words my yard is 3/4 of an acre thats normal to me. So you gonna do all that to my 3/4 acre for those prices. I am gonna put you outta business.

Be careful quoting prices on flyers unless you are EXTREMELY SPECIFIC. Hell I don't put a price on my fliers at all.

Carolina Cutter
02-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Its better to put pricing starts at $XX for an average 10,000 sq ft lawn or whatever size is normal for your area......

Green Masters
02-25-2005, 10:24 PM
I think that it looks. The only thing that i would change would be not showing the prices. Make a list of all your service.

Jpocket
02-25-2005, 10:59 PM
It looks Cheesy with the prices on there. You can leave alot of money on the table like that. Make The ELLIS Lawn Care POP alittle more With a different Font or Script

launboy
02-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Licensed, Bonded, & Insured. only if you are though.

chefdrp
02-26-2005, 12:17 AM
I would leave out the prices. especialy the areation one. 30 bucks???? maybe $100

cleancutccl
02-26-2005, 12:35 AM
$30 dollars for an aeration!!!! Have you ever done an aeration? If you have you should know they are worth more than that, most people me included start at at least $60 and go up for that service.

Eddie B
02-26-2005, 12:40 AM
he's 16 and been in the business for 4 years...

Royallawncare
02-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks for all the input i had some of the very same thoughts as you. $30 for aeration is what i would think the going rate is around here for the lawns i do, many of the larger companies are only charging $35-40 so i feel that i am being pretty fair

ChadA
02-26-2005, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't charge less than $50 for aeration on any size yard.

Wells
02-26-2005, 01:49 AM
I would leave out the prices. especialy the areation one. 30 bucks???? maybe $100

$100?
Not in this this State.
You would be lucky to get one job at those prices around here.

We are lucky to get between $30 and $40 for most yards.
Theres to much competition in our state doing aerating and too many people willing to go as low as $20 to aerate a yard. People are making up for their price in volume.

Almost everybody around here has their lawn aerated. A company can pull into a neighborhood and one or two people will start aerating while another one or two will start going door to door selling the aerations. A company can knock out a whole neighborhood in several days. If your not one of the first companies out doing aerating as soon as the weather breaks you may not be getting much work.

We also have alot of people doing aerating that have nothing to do with the green industry. They just do it to make quick cash in the spring.

nobagger
02-26-2005, 10:58 AM
We have done the flyer thing but not too much response, our best advertising has been word of mouth and a stupid little news paper ad.
Our original flyers stated neighborhood discounts, fully insured etc. and we stated a price but it was by no means the low ball price, it was an average price for that location. And you need to specify up to !/2 acre or 1 acre as a "normal sized lot" otherwize if two people live next to each other and 1 lot is barley 1/4 acre and his neighbor is over 1/2 acre hes gonna be a little ticked because hes paying the same price.

J and B Lawncare

Critical Care
02-26-2005, 11:29 AM
What you’re charging for services is your decision, an entirely different subject than your flyer. Your flyer looks okay, but with some exceptions. If this flyer was competing in the American Idol contest, it wouldn’t make it because there are others out there that are full color, and grab your attention, and are typically professionally done for a big price. But lets nitpick this one that you have.

People will not be able to click their pencils on your “Email here” hyperlink and have your email address suddenly appear on the flyer – may be good on the tube, but not on paper. What about a mailing address? And, I’m not too sure about inserting the aeration quote by your water district, unless if that were the only type of work that you were offering. People may want to know more about what you can do, what you can offer for their money. Like what Merlin said, the term Normal Lawn is ambiguous. If you list your prices, then it’s a bit like saying “Here are my prices. Check them out because they’re lower than our competitors.” That could be good, or it could backfire. I’d tend just to list services and at the end say something like “We offer great rates” and/or “Call for your free estimate.”

Just ideas, amigo, from another amigo that worked over at your Skypark airport in Woods Cross…

stumper1620
02-26-2005, 12:13 PM
i would do away with the pricing altogether. the way i did my hangers is i
have 2 different designs, 1 has no pricing and those are for my kids, wife & others to put out, (I also carry a few of these) the other set has a space at the bottom that says "approroximate cost for basic service to your lawn would be_____________________, and the a discription of the basic service.
with the intent that i can glance the yard over as i am walking house to house and say to myself "yup that looks to be about xx dollars. and i write it on the line. approx. covers for if some nasty unseen thing is lurking in the backyard.

Likestomow
02-26-2005, 02:24 PM
For a 16 year-old, I think this is an excellent flyer. Three things stand out to me.

1. Quality Work - to put those words there, they have to come from inside, and that's good.

2. Satisfaction Guaranteed - that is character speaking and people are looking for character.

3. Normal Size Lawn Prices - I really like this approach. Don't let all the criticism affect you here. This will bring you business. You have stated that your $25 charge is for a "normal" size lawn, but normal is different to everyone. You will find people calling you saying, "I think I have a bigger than normal lawn," or "My yard is a $35 yard." This will definitely get you to their door, and then you can quote a reasonable rate for their particular yard.

Five Diamond Lawns
02-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Good start! I actually like the idea of prices, they weed out a lot of useless calls. The big change I would make is you definitely need qualifiers.

Aeration ( up to 4,000 sq. ft )...........................$30

The only other thought is it's not catchy it looks more like a worksheet.
Your young put some character into it.

slow release
02-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Ellis Lawncare should be centered on the page( Also agree on changing font, size and color to make it stand out).

kipcom
02-26-2005, 03:19 PM
OMG....we have been in-fil-trated :dizzy:

**** Now the lowballer scrubs have you checking their work for them to take your customers !!!!!!!

Run for the hills !!!!!! LOL :realmad:

dchovey
02-27-2005, 06:14 PM
among some other things too!

Fine Lines Lawn
02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm particularly fond of your slogan. How did you come up with that?

sethsodsquad
02-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Here's what I found:

The logo - doesn't even look like yours - it says "Quality Lawn and Landscape Service" not Ellis Lawncare.

The slogan is corny - what resume? Aren't you in the business?

Why do you have the random aerating quote? Isn't the flyer to get customers into a seasonal contract? If you do use it, check the spacing in your quote - it looks too spread out - and change the conservancy to "Conservancy".

For your prices that you say "ask for estimate" - give the hourly wage or whatever you usually charge per hour since those are usually that way. (leaf removal that is)

Change the "One free mow( . . .ing? . . .) with a seasonal contract. . ." to something more professional.

If you are looking for a seasonal contract, it's not really clear whether you are selling one-time tasks or a seasonal thing.

What does "clean-up" entail? Clear that up so that you don't get stupid people asking you to clean-up their trash they are too lazy to take out to the trash.

Seth

walker-talker
02-28-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm particularly fond of your slogan. How did you come up with that?
Oh, oh, oh.....I know I know. I thought it looked familiar....lol

Fine Lines Lawn
02-28-2005, 06:18 AM
LOL Hello Matt, good to see ya' :)