PDA

View Full Version : New Website Is Up

Canadian GreenScape
02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Check out the new website for Greenscape Landscaping

http://www.prideinproperties.com

Its not totally finished but you can get a feel for it. Some of the pictures need to be changed, some of the small ones are just in there to fill in till I can get our own off another server.

GTLC
02-26-2005, 10:41 PM
looks very professional.. Nice job and keep up the good work.

Team Lawn Care
02-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Check out the new website for Greenscape Landscaping

http://www.prideinproperties.com

Its not totally finished but you can get a feel for it. Some of the pictures need to be changed, some of the small ones are just in there to fill in till I can get our own off another server.

Looks very good. Very clean and easy to navigate.

LLandscaping
02-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Your website looks great and very colorful. The only thing I would do differently is make the words in your services provided page a little larger. Overall looks great and I hope you have a successful 2005.

Eddie B
02-26-2005, 11:32 PM
It looks great, very professional. Two thumbs up! Green thumbs that is...

chefdrp
02-26-2005, 11:35 PM
it looks good. did you do all those with the 737? the stripes look good on some of them. Do yo have a kiton it. I had to make a kit for mine cause it just didnt stripe the way i wanted. My next ZTR wont be a JD.

Canadian GreenScape
02-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback LLandscaping, Im going to do just that, (bigger print) As for the stipes, theyre from last season so they were done with either a HD45 with a proslide or a Deere 4100 with a chain striping kit I made. The 737 is this years new addition.. Snow please go away...

aries
02-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Very nice! site Good Luck to you! :drinkup:

tonygreek
02-27-2005, 03:57 PM
looks good, but you made several errors in the image-rendering department, which is a common one:

- if you take your original logo file and convert it to a .gif, it will be smaller and better looking than the .jpg version you are using.
- your thumbnail photos should not be larger files that you force down using html. ie, this image you use is forced down to something smaller and is a dial-up bandwidth chewer: http://www.prideinproperties.com/nc%20lawn.jpg that pic is 34k and 301x175, but you force it to 196x117 through the code. if you used a graphics editor to do this, you can maintain quality and get it to about a 1/4 to 1/3 the file size. not a huge deal in itself, but when you have several pics on a page, it's problematic. looks like the same goes for all of your pics. this is especially true with your 70+k small logo on the rest of the pages. it looks cruddy because of the aforementioned non-gif format as well as the forced resizing through html code.

-same goes for the ill-adviced image usage in place of html text for the contact page. if you want to use an image, use a proper .gif. .jpg is not to be used for flat color images. it's intended use is as a photographic file. this is probably the most common error i see from diy guys on this site. correct this, and the picture images and you're golden. basically, re-do all of your image files... :)

tony

Canadian GreenScape
02-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks Tony. There was alot of trial-and-error going on making this site. Your tips will help alot, I noticed the crummy look of some of the pics I shrunk down. My bandwidth is getting eaten up pretty fast to so ill make those changes Monday :p

Thanks again.

WhohasHelios?
02-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Canadian Green,

I really like the site, I agree with Tony about the image resolution comments. Also, as I was browsing through I think the fertilizer page under services, your images at the top are not showing up. Im sure its just a syntax error somewhere as all the placeholders are there.

Great site!

Dunn's
08-31-2006, 11:14 PM
B Bump B Bump B Bump B Bump

Angela221
09-25-2006, 02:21 AM
It didn't come up for me, so I could not view it.