PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Grasshopper Owners

Keith
05-16-2000, 02:15 AM
If any of you would, I need you to check something on your Grasshopper (Kubota only) for me. I am replacing the powershaft(runs under the tractor) and pulley (rear of tractor) on my 721. The pulley is basically a pressed fit, so once it is on, it's on. I need you guys to check your machine to see how far onto the shaft the pulley fits. Is it flush with the end of the shaft? or actually pressed beyond the end of the shaft? if so how much? <p>Any help would be appreciated :)

Keith
05-16-2000, 10:03 PM
Let me try again :)

ztrmower
05-16-2000, 10:29 PM
well kieth,<br>I am an owner and also work on them for a living. the pto pulley should be lined up with the pto clutch. it generally will be flush or somewhat setback. it honestly does not matter where it is in referemce to the end of the shaft as long as it is in direct line with the pto clutch. if, when you finally set the pully where you believe it is close you can move the shims that are located behind the pto clutch its self and do some find adjusting for the pto clutch. the key is actually what locks it to the drive shaft. hope this helps

Keith
05-17-2000, 06:24 AM
Hey, thanks for the advice :) The old pulley was about an 1/8&quot; beyond the end of the shaft. I actually broke the pulley trying to remove it, so I bought both new. The mower had pillowblocks put in it about 4 years ago and it looked like the pulley had been beat on, so I didn't know if it was in the proper place to begin with. <p>Once again, Thank You