PDA

View Full Version : Looking at 95 CTD

Dstosh
02-28-2005, 06:36 PM
My brother and I went to look at a 95 cummins turbo diesel for him today. It has a 149, 500 miles on it and it has some Rust on it. The guy had the thing started when we came because we called ahead. That sort of set off a few red flags in my head.
I would like to go back to look at it again..but what are the things that I should note and look out for? It has been a work truck, I needs a new rear bumper, the drivers side seat needs to be recovered/replaced and the truck needs a new paint job with in the next 2 years or so.
It has a 7.5 western unimout on it. He said that it has a new tranny that is one season old, he says it "has a new front end", new front drive shaft and it had a salter on the back so he beefed up the rear springs. He is asking $7,850 and my powerstroke had 166k on it when I bought it for $12,000 and I ended up putting a new torque converter in it with in the first month that I had it. I dont want to go down that road again. Also if anyone can give me a ball park for a price on a paint job that would be great.
Thanks Derek