PDA

View Full Version : Used Trailer Sites?

Expert Lawns
02-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm looking to buy a used 14 or 16ft trailer. Preferrably enclosed, but will probably go with an open trailer due to my budget. What are some good sites to look at? Tried ebay and yahoo with minimal luck. THanks

Shannon Phillips
03-01-2005, 09:06 PM
You have mail!

Thanks, Shannon

Expert Lawns
03-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Ditto.......................

Groundcover Solutions
03-02-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't know what your budget is and I know you said used but check into www.johnstrailersales.com this is where I bought mine (6x10 out the door 1750) they can usualy work something out for you within your budget if you email them.
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/182334/fullsize/ls-03-1.jpg

Boycea
03-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Matt,
Those are some excellent prices on the enclosed trailers, thanks for the link. I am interested in the Patriot enclosed car hauler by us cargo. Is that the brand you have? Does anybody have any experience with that brand?

Thanks,
Adam

Groundcover Solutions
03-04-2005, 02:04 AM
I have the haulen model but I would assume it is pretty much the same. When I picked mine up I got it directly from the factory. Which was a us cargo factory, I just think the off brand name they use a little less quiality material but for me it works great. I don't need all the bells and wistles.

Boycea
03-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Matt,
Thank you for the help!! I think i will be making a trip out their in the next week or two. The price for a 8.5 x 20' enclosed is about $2,800 cheaper through them than what i can get it for around here. Thanks for the great website.

Adam

Lawnchoice
03-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Matt,
Thank you for the help!! I think i will be making a trip out their in the next week or two. The price for a 8.5 x 20' enclosed is about $2,800 cheaper through them than what i can get it for around here. Thanks for the great website.

Adam

I think I am looking to do the same!

The prices are drastically cheaper than around here !

Adam, How long do you think it's going to take you to get out there?

Groundcover Solutions
03-04-2005, 04:22 PM
You can save a few hundered more by purchasing it from them and picking it up at the factory. All you do is call tell them what you want the take a deposit with a credit card mine was only 100 then you pay the rest when you pick it up at the factory.

jccordes2
03-04-2005, 06:38 PM
expertlawns, what ever you do, see the trailer first, I bought one on e-bay, I got a great deal, it's a great trailer, I just couldn't see the imperfections in the paint job,

I/E paint on the fenders came off in 1 trip from Iowa to MN.

anyhow make sure you get some kind of warranty!

In all honesty,......all of us on the site are looking for a "great Deal"!!!
some will travel hundreds of miles to save $500 bucks, others will hire some one to deliver, and I'll bet anyone hear can relate, ........how many problems accured because we were trying to save a few bucks???
Be honest!!! how many times did our "money saving" ploys back fire on us??

Spend the extra money, buy it from a local dealer!! Trust me, it will pay off in the long run!!

For some reason that old saying goes a long way,...'You get what you pay for"

so true!

Boycea
03-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Nate,
I mapquested the trip and it said that it would be 11 hours, and around 730 miles. I feel it will take shorter time because I will be in my suv, will be going higher than the speed limit, and have made it to Bloomington Indiana in about 12 hours, which is further away. If this goes through I am planning on bringing a budy of mine and driving straight through. The only issue that I ahve thought of is the trailer registration/license plate. Its a little far of a ride to jsut swap plates. I think i will purchase the trailer first, have them send me the title, then register it, before seeing it. hopefully this will work out. I will let you know how it goes.

Adam

Boycea
03-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Matt,
Where is tha factory located that you picked your trailer up at?

Adam

Groundcover Solutions
03-06-2005, 12:37 AM
brestal (spelling?) indiana. And they can provide you with a temp plate for $10 when you get there that will last 30 days. Also the law alows you 48 hours to have the trailer in transit before you need any type of plate.

Lawnchoice
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Adam,

Smart thinking with the title. I wouldn't drive that far with another plate either. Not worth it to me!

I have a call into Versatile Trailers in NY, guess its' near Syracuse. Going to see what they come back with for pricing.

More snow tonight. Gotta rest up. Good luck on the trip.

Boycea
03-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Nate,
let me know what you get for prices from the dealer in NY if you hear back from them.

Thanks,
Adam