PDA

View Full Version : 135 bags of mulch

SERRICO
03-01-2005, 02:07 AM
135 bags (3 cuft) or 15 cuyrd of mulch for flower bed. How much would you charge for labor?

vadeere
03-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Not to criticize but why dont you buy bulk, youll save a boat load. Good Luck :waving:

SWD
03-01-2005, 07:34 AM
can't buy bulk for hardwood mulch unless you want 80 cubic yards - yard won't release a smaller quantity that they will deliver.
As far as two pallets of hardwood mulch, it should take about one labor hour - providing reasonable access to landscape beds.
So charge accordingly.

theturfsurfer
03-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Sometimes bagged mulch is more productive than bulk especially around small plants and areas to tight for wheelbarrows. I charge $95-$120 per yard installed depending on the type of mulch. When I have used bagged mulch in the past I charge $75-$100 per man hour plus material cost. Depending on the size of the job and customer.

Green-Pro
03-01-2005, 03:31 PM
I get dark hardwood mulch for about $20 a yard, charge $50-$55 per yard I deliver and install, Cedar mulch is about $30 a yard my cost, customer cost is $60-$65 per yard I deliver and install. I would take advice of others and try to buy in bulk, look for saw mills in your area, animal bedding wholesalers, etc. I have a couple of saw mills near me and a guy that sells animal/livestock bedding, the bedding is a wood flake byproduct he sells this along with mulch in bulk.

-Geoff

old dog
03-05-2005, 12:37 PM
In my area,you will always get more mulch buying bulk"by the yard".But sometimes bagged is better.We also have municipalities who give the stuff away but I will not use it,
except in certain situations.Too many pathogens and they don't "heat" it right or turn it
over enough to contain odor problems.Prices will always depend on your area and what the market will bear.

tiedeman
03-08-2005, 08:31 AM
I always like dealing with bagged mulch more. Its easier to use I feel and more productive

RedWingsDet
03-08-2005, 05:34 PM
I like using bulk much. Faster an eaiser for me, IMO. Only problem is that If you have alot of it, and let is sit overnight, it'll stain the driveway, and it'd take a little while to get off if ya didnt have a powerwasher.

lqmustang
03-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Anytime I need to drop mulch on a driveway I put down a tarp first. Little mess to sweep up, and no ticked off customers about their stained driveway, especially if you are using a dyed mulch.

mottster
03-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Only way i'll do mulch is bagged. We toyed with the idea of bulk mulch recently for the HomeDepots in town but there is no place in town with decent mulch, so by the time we pay for delivery out of KC its cheaper to buy in bags. The way I price bagged mulch is per bag. I bid on how many bags i need and include labor as a per-bag charge. We sell our mulch at $5.50-$6.00 a bag depending on variety. These are 3 cuft bags, btw. Throw in labor and i charge about $7.50-$8.50 a bag installed. Now depending on your cost in the mulch and what you charge for labor that price will vary. But thats based off of $35/hr. We actually come out ahead of $35/hr with mulch.