PDA

View Full Version : how do you tie down in an enclosed

grass disaster
03-01-2005, 06:48 PM
how do you guyz tie your mowers down in an enclosed. do you order them with the factory "D" rings?

how about vents what do you suggest? 2 on celling side vents???

how about lights, not that i would ever really need them?

TURF DOCTOR
03-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Green touch tire tie downs for the big mowers,i have d rings all in my floor also top vent is all i use, lights man pay the extra you will love the lights.green touch is hard to beat for the price like 22 bucks.

Toy2
03-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Went to Home Depot, got 4 heavy duty eye hooks, drilled the floor thought the metal, put lock washers on the nuts, put the bolts about an inch from the walls, 2 in front and 2 in the middle, I tie the 36'' down and follow with the 21'', toral cost under $10.00.

lawnMaster5000
03-02-2005, 12:29 AM
The rings I used are very similar to the d-rings that are installed at the factory. If you are having your trailer custom built i would suggest having several installed. THey are $10? each installed - well worth it.

The difference between factory install and mine is that mine are mounted on the floor and not sunk into the floor. Not a big deal but they do clutter up the floor a bit if i ever wanted to do soemthing other than the mower. I attached to the floor through the steel frame using self tapping screws.

I had tons of questions about enclosed before i bought mine, but now have mostly answers.
Need specific help, just ask.

And get the vents and the lights. Those options are cheaper and easier from the factory.

I will try to get some updated pics of my trailer as soon as it is warmer and I am able to pull it out.

chaduco19
03-02-2005, 02:40 AM
lawnmaster5000 im near st. louis where did you end up buying a trailer from enclosed that is

GarPA
03-02-2005, 03:04 AM
we also bought the D rings and put 6 on the floor and 4 on the walls. The ones on the walls really help with things like aeration machines, wheelbarrows etc.
If you are ordering yours, Defintely get lights installed from the facotry. We put 4 "push to light" closet lights (Lowes sells them ) in different places.

We use only the roof vent (ours has a fan in the vent) and it does ok

Email me if you have any other enlcosed ?'s and maybe I can tell you some things I wished I was aware of when I bought my enclosed

ps...no matter how carefule we are, you will bang up the walls...one of the few downsides of an enclosed. Most manufac's can add "trailer lining" for not allot of extra money. In fact right now, I'm waiting for an order of "Bullitex" trailer liner. Its about 36" tall extrememly tough and will prevent us from taking more chunks out of the walls....stronly suggest you get some kind of wall liner

grass disaster
03-02-2005, 03:28 AM
we also bought the D rings and put 6 on the floor and 4 on the walls. The ones on the walls really help with things like aeration machines, wheelbarrows etc.
If you are ordering yours, Defintely get lights installed from the facotry. We put 4 "push to light" closet lights (Lowes sells them ) in different places.

We use only the roof vent (ours has a fan in the vent) and it does ok

Email me if you have any other enlcosed ?'s and maybe I can tell you some things I wished I was aware of when I bought my enclosed

ps...no matter how carefule we are, you will bang up the walls...one of the few downsides of an enclosed. Most manufac's can add "trailer lining" for not allot of extra money. In fact right now, I'm waiting for an order of "Bullitex" trailer liner. Its about 36" tall extrememly tough and will prevent us from taking more chunks out of the walls....stronly suggest you get some kind of wall liner

i will defiantly keep in touch with you. i think i might go look at some more trailers tomorrow. i would like to order it soon cause of the 3-4 week lead time.

i'm looking for a 8X16 v-nose i'll explain more to you tomorrow.