PDA

View Full Version : Software issues

dworske
03-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I have used Lawn Monkey & QXpress Gold. Problem is, QXpress changed to a yearly support and upgrade plan, which I did not need. I was not utilizing everything in the program anyway. Due to Quickbooks changing their payroll subscriptions, I had to upgrade to Quickbooks 2005. Well, QXpress is not compatible with QB 2005. I need to pay an additional $800.00 to get the new version which upsets me a bit.

My question is, since we were not utilizing anything but the routing anyway, what are my alternatives. I don't want to enter the info twice. I am considering Gopher and Quickbooks Customer Manager. I have alsoheard MS Office, which I have, could do routing.

Any suggestions?

walker-talker
03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I feel your pain with the upgrade cost with Alocet. I use LM and had not planned on paying the $300 for the upgrade and for the use of 148 minutes of techinical support that I already had, but could not use. I really need those support minutes because I plan on expanding greatly this year, so I went ahead and upgraded.

MacLawnCo
03-02-2005, 09:02 PM
we are talking about a $25 monthly fee. Not that big of a deal in the whole scheem of things.

Dworske, just get on the keep me current plan and you should get the update without having to repurchase.

dworske
03-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks for your input!

Team Gopher
03-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi dworske,

Let us know if we can help.

tiedeman
03-05-2005, 06:29 AM
I use Qxpress with my Quickbooks Pro 2005, and I hate the Qxpress. I thought that it was a waste of money. It was not user friendly at all, and it made simple things take forever

walker-talker
03-05-2005, 07:59 AM
I use Qxpress with my Quickbooks Pro 2005, and I hate the Qxpress. I thought that it was a waste of money. It was not user friendly at all, and it made simple things take forevertiedeman, have you ever used Lawn Monkey? Because Alocet makes both Qxpress and Lawn Monkey, I was wonder how similar they were. LM was a little difficult to learn, but with practice it can make short work of scheduling and invoicing. I got into the equipment cost and such just a little bit, but not much. I was just curious how those two programs compare.

Matt

tiedeman
03-05-2005, 08:02 AM
nope, haven't used the lawn monkey yet. The main reason that I got Qxpress was for scheduling and then uploading the schedule into invoices in Quickbooks. The uploading part is great, but setting up the schedule is what I feel takes forever. So I went back to my out scheduling program from ABS Applications. Sure I can't upload, but I can still do my schedule easier and print out my daily work load

tiedeman
03-05-2005, 12:27 PM
man that was fast. Paul contacted me from Qxpress and he is going to help me out with my problems. Now that is another great example of great customer support, willing to help the customer out and make them happy. I actually look forward to him teaching me some stuff and solving some of my problems. Thanks again Qxpress for the support

MacLawnCo
03-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Troy, you are going to be surprised because setting up the scheduling is one of highlights of the program. set up your routes once for the season and you are done. make sure to update us with your praises. ;-)

tiedeman
03-06-2005, 12:09 PM
:) Don't worry, I won't forgot about the praises

kppurn
03-06-2005, 02:53 PM
tiedeman

Once you get the hang of setting up the schedule, you will find it very easy. Like MacLawnCo said, it's nice to set your routes up and be done. You can look at your schedule in front of you and schedule one time jobs where they fit. You can even look at your gross sales for the day, month, etc. This helps to see if you are hitting your targets etc. Actual job costing can be done as well, but not with the standard version.
To me, the best part is being able to click the mouse a few times at the end of the month and generate invoices for all maintenance work done in the set time period. Export them to QB and you are done. Nice and easy. Best of luck.

Kevin

CNYScapes
03-06-2005, 04:19 PM
What about clip? Have you guys who use Lawn monkey,Gopher,Qxpress, compared these to clip? I would like to know the differences if possible.

tiedeman
03-06-2005, 09:43 PM
I looked at CLip, Gopher, and Lawn Monkey before. I was almost sold on Gopher but I changed my mind at the last minute