PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices Going Up

kory landscaping
03-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I just heard gas prices are to jump .26 to .30 a gallon, were paying $1.92 in northeastern Ohio now. There jumping to $2.18 to $2.22, what is everyone else paying.

MacPhersonlawn
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
$1.88 the last time I filled up (last week).

MMLawn
03-03-2005, 03:10 PM
That's coming far the Futures Market and with oil prices so up and down you can't put any faith in that. Heck the prices here have actually gone down in the past week and I just paid $1.77 today

jpp
03-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I got lucky yesterday and found it for 1.67 along 1-71 in Columbus.This station is known to have low prices every once and awhile. Everyone else was at 1.89. Don't know what the prices are today.

sailinstud420
03-03-2005, 03:19 PM
I just heard oil hit 54 dollars a barrel Today. I am sure that is not going to help any... We have to get rid of these greenie weenies and go drill in alaska.

kory landscaping
03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I can believe that one day prices are 1.75 a gallon the next day it's 2.10 a gallon. Then the next day it's 1.93 a gallon. Somebodies getting rich and it's not you or I.

rodfather
03-03-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm not worried about fuel prices right now, but around Memorial Day I will be...got a feeling they will go ballistic about then.

Turf Dancer
03-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Gas is anywhere from $2.10 to $2.45 for regular and diesel is $2.59 to $2.89 here. I looking for a few empty drums to fill up and store in my shed.
I think it is a bunch of crap. The Arabs are punishing us for Iraq and Afganistan, plus the refineries are only at 89.3% of capacity right now. I read the market report and they are saying crude could hit $80 a 42 gallon barrel before the end of summer. That should help screw some of our markets this year!

tiedeman
03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
paying $2.04 here right now. Was up at $2.12 last week

rodfather
03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
We're under 2 bucks a gallon for both gas and diesel...probably because we have big refineries here in NJ, otherwise :dizzy:

ChadA
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
This morning when I filled up it was 1.81 a gallon on the way home I saw they had raised it to 1.88 per gallon. SOB's

jpp
03-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I was just out and gas is 2.09 and diesel is 2.29.What a crock of @#$!

jtkplc
03-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Just got home and I'm ticked, $2.16 for regular.

Turf Dancer
03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I think we either need to start taking over oil fields or start making fuel from other sources ? maybe corn ? Or perhaps we could start tapping into our own oil reserves a little more?

kipcom
03-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Indy just went from 1.73 to 2.08 avg.

Its time to get out the electric ZTR i have been hiding :cool:

Oh wait....the feds bought that idea from me LOL...... :cool2:

" Im starting on my 2nd $MILLION$......I gave up on the 1st Million"

Lux Lawn
03-03-2005, 05:23 PM
It went up .20 here this morning.

Darr57
03-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Went from a $1.69 yesterday morning to $1.98 in the afternoon. Diesel is about $2.12.

FrankenScagMachines
03-03-2005, 05:41 PM
who cares what gas prices are... my equipment doesn't use much, and won't be in use for a few more weeks yet... i'm worried about diesel prices payup hehe... around $2.10 here right now, which ain't much more than gas (close to $2/gal)

HOOLIE
03-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Just look at it as a good excuse to raise prices. Even just a $1 per cut increase per lawn more than offsets the spike in gas prices. Most people won't argue with a small increase like that.

The $1 increase I implemented last season brought me around $250 extra per month. It didn't cost me anywhere near an extra $250 for gas.

Up North
03-03-2005, 05:56 PM
this may be a stupid question to some of you but I don't understand it. Diesel fuel used to be much cheaper then regular fuel, but for the past year or maybe two, it costs more. Why is that?

Paid 1.86 here yesterday.

Buck

ince8728
03-03-2005, 06:31 PM
between 1.70 & 1.80, diesel is going down which is between 1.90 & 2.04. I thought diesel is supposed to be less, it's a dirtier fuel so it costs less to refine it? nuke the arab B@$tards, send AMERICANS over to drill and send it back down to .85 a gallon along w/drilling in Alaska.

soccerlawn
03-03-2005, 06:36 PM
I have been paying 1.98 but it is starting to jump to 2.10+ in surrounding areas so I filled up today because in the morning it will probably be spiked up.

matthew horner
03-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I wonder about why diesel is up so much also.

"nuke the arab bastards" we have some real bonehead shortsighted consciousless armchair warrior idiots on this forum. To the rest of you guys, hey.

The Good Earth
03-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I don't think that I would be upset at all if the oil companies could justify the spike in prices. However when you review the quarterly reports of most oil companies they are recording record profits each and every quarter. Something just doesn't mesh.

Last week on Hardball Matthews interviewed the Saudi Oil Minister. He stated that the target for oil prices was between $40-$50 a barrel. He also said that OPEC wold not support an increase in production to bring down prices. OPEC wanted to pursue a natural correction in the market.

It has long been known that the tight US supply of crude oil is directly linked to Dubya diverting a vast amount to the strategic reserve. Can't live in America these days without fear.

I though that part of the rational in invading a sovereign nation such as Iraq was to stabilize the oil market and fund the restructuring of that country. Seems as if the house of cards keeps growing.

matthew horner
03-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Raley,

First I respect your views. Second, maybe we are off topic. Third, those reasons were never cited to my knowledge as justifications for our invasions. Also, what nation is not sovereign??? As for the house of cards, I'm a conservative (much more than bush) and sometimes I see it like that also.

Matt

TMlawncare
03-03-2005, 11:56 PM
between 1.70 & 1.80, diesel is going down which is between 1.90 & 2.04. I thought diesel is supposed to be less, it's a dirtier fuel so it costs less to refine it? nuke the arab B@$tards, send AMERICANS over to drill and send it back down to .85 a gallon along w/drilling in Alaska.
They are already drilling in Alaska, however most of the fuel in the pipeline goes right on over to the Europe and Asia market. With the United States heading the Oil production in Iraq and daddy Bush on several worldwide boards that govern the oil industry. What do you expect. The oil industry the last few years have posted some of their biggest gains ever. Somehow it seems like they really found an edge. Any ideas what this could be?

tiedeman
03-03-2005, 11:58 PM
I stand corrected, just went up from $2.04 to $2.15 tonight

AEW
03-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Gas has been a stable 1.72 around here for awhile..I am sure it will go up soon.

Nuke the arabs...real nice.

Maybe I need to move to another website.

:realmad:

aries
03-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Just filled up today payed 1.73 at Rocco's feul I don't care who's feul it is as long as it's cheep! (who the hell is rocco?) LOL

LAWNS AND MOWER
03-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Just look at it as a good excuse to raise prices. Even just a $1 per cut increase per lawn more than offsets the spike in gas prices. Most people won't argue with a small increase like that.

The $1 increase I implemented last season brought me around $250 extra per month. It didn't cost me anywhere near an extra $250 for gas.
And you feel good about this??? Sorry, but I have no pity for fools who take advantage of a bad situation.

impactlandscaping
03-04-2005, 03:03 AM
$ 1.89 this morning, and $ 1.96 this afternoon....it's been $ 1.89 for weeks

BOTURF
03-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Take advantage of a bad situtation ? Nobody is taking advantage of anyone Come on get real , if we dont raise the price to offset the cost of fuel in mowers trimmers and trucks we wont be in business long , last year i payed about 800.00 bucks more in fuel than year before using same trucks mowers and same customer base . That my friend is 800.00 outa my pocket that i had the year before .

bigz1001
03-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Take advantage of a bad situtation ? Nobody is taking advantage of anyone Come on get real , if we dont raise the price to offset the cost of fuel in mowers trimmers and trucks we wont be in business long , last year i payed about 800.00 bucks more in fuel than year before using same trucks mowers and same customer base . That my friend is 800.00 outa my pocket that i had the year before .

Gas was $2.09 at the Kroger in Clarksburg where I filled up last night. A week ago when I was up that was it was $1.87. I am getting tired of paying more for fuel because of "increased fear" that the supply will be interupted. Been paying for the fear for almost 3 years now, and I haven't seen a gas line yet. Where is the major interuption?

BobR
03-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Days Long Gone.

Can remember back in the late 50's when my girl and I could buy 'Gulf Tane' gas during a price war for 17.9¢ a gallon. We would take long rides in the 49 ford convert because it was the cheapest entertainment around..

We can complain about the rising fuel prices but that is all we can do about them. Big Business has a lock on the situation and they are just sitting back and watching us squirm and dreaming up the next way to pick our pockets.

We as LCO's are very fortunate in that we are also business people and as the price of doing business goes up we can increase our prices accordingly. Think about the poor schmuck who has to drive from the suburbs alone in his SUV for two hours to get to his locked down 8 till 5 nose to the stone job, those are the folks who are taking the hit..

BobR

kubotazd21
03-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Around here Diesel jumped from $2.05 to $2.17 a gallon. It sucks, but there is nothing we can do about it. I have a buddy of mine that works at the Kentucky Ford Truck plant, where they build the F250-F550,he said 7 out of 10 trucks that come down the line are powerstokes. Maybe thats why diesel is so much more now, because they know that is what most people are wanting now. I think its all about supply and demand....

impactlandscaping
03-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Gas was $2.09 at the Kroger in Clarksburg where I filled up last night. A week ago when I was up that was it was $1.87. ...

It went from $ 1.89 here yesterday to $ 1.94 , and then to $ 2.07 this AM at Sheetz & Dairy Mart, and it's $ 2.12 at Exxon in Sabraton.

kalyeah
03-04-2005, 11:07 AM
1.99 here last night. Highest I've seen it so far.

Charles
03-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Part of the problem is the the minivan house frows. Have become the SUV/hummer operators of today. I saw a woman and her kids in a mammoth Hummer last week at the grocery store. It was a beaut, but really does she need all that room and power to put fruit loops and kiddies in?
The other reasons are:
W
China booming economy and surge in auto sales there
The Low dollar value. Our government seems to be happy keeping it as low as possible.
The instability of the Middle east created by the war--back to W. Insurgents bombed a oil pipeline last week--again! But you know before the war and Iraq had sanctions against it that oil never got this high and stayed high for this long. We are setting records in oil prices here.
I read the article where it said the price per gallon will go up 30 cents now and next week. That is insane! The Saudi people even say there is no reason to jack up the prices this way. There is no shortage they say and they should know.
Such a big drain on the economies of the world and consolidates the money in big oil barrons hands.
Drilling in Alaska would have no effect because it would be more expensive to drill there and there is no shortage anyway!!!

tiedeman
03-04-2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/04/national/main678055.shtml

here is a link talking about the increase

KathysLGC
03-04-2005, 12:24 PM
And heres yet another link...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20050304/bs_usatoday/gaspricesmightincrease24cents
This is tuff when you gotta get gas for your truck and fill up the gas cans..... :(

green814
03-04-2005, 12:56 PM
I just heard oil hit 54 dollars a barrel Today. I am sure that is not going to help any... We have to get rid of these greenie weenies and go drill in alaska.
The sad part about this, I have a good friend (who now lives in Alaska, but has been going there for many years volunteering help the w/ the Iditirod) and all the friends she has made that live there DO NOT OPPOSE the drilling like the politicians want you to think. But these gas price's are crazy.
Chris

JSymons
03-04-2005, 01:16 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I just did the math and we are at $.85/litre here which is the same as $2.62 a gallon in US funds. Almost worth driving to detroit for it.

Lux Lawn
03-04-2005, 01:24 PM
I am raising my price's now before the season even starts..Any new customer I get this year is going at a higher price as well, I have no choice but to do this.Better to have the money in my (our) pockets then the customers.

Up North
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I agree Larry. My rates will increase accordingly as well. It's just a part of doing business IMO. Food in the grocery stores will cost more, goods in the hardware store will cost more, etc., it shouldn't come as a surprise to most customers as they have to deal with it in some form or fashion just as we do.

Buck

QualityLawnCare4u
03-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Ours here just jumped .16 a gallon since this morning.

Toy2
03-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Reg Is 1.79
Reg Plus Is 1.89
Super Is 1.99

Diesel Is 2.08

Central Tex////glad I Have A Tacoma//6

J Haugner
03-05-2005, 12:24 AM
And you feel good about this??? Sorry, but I have no pity for fools who take advantage of a bad situation.

Landscapers that don't pass gas increase (or any overhead) on to the client should not be in Business. You need to be a volunteer or philanthropist.

Green lawns
03-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Reg. $ 2.05
Diesel $ 2.44

Raised all customers $2.00 to $3.00 per cut as of yesterday and today. Have talked to all of them on the phone.

Carolina Cutter
03-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Well....heard on the news last night that gas prices (at least here) in NC are going to rise anywhere from $.20 to $.25 per gallon very soon. I guess the gas station operators were watching the news to because the price of gas went from $1.81 a gallon to $1.95 a gallon right after the newscast. Thats $.14 in one day! This price based on fear stuff is really going to far. Looks like its going to be a long year when it comes to gas prices. Looks like rates might have to go up to.

rodfather
03-05-2005, 12:21 PM
If the fuel prices are gonna be high, I'd rather them be high at the start of the season than go way up around Memorial Day like they usually do. If we are going to add a fuel surcharge like we have done in the past, might as well be right out of the gate IMO.

nlminc
03-05-2005, 01:41 PM
NORTH SLOPE OIL started flowing through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System in 1977. A decade later, Alaska claimed the pipeline would shut down by 2000 unless it developed the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge coastal plain. We have debated how much oil might be there and its relevance to our energy needs ever since.

ADVERTISEMENT

To those who would keep the coastal plain wild, it does not matter how much oil is there; it should remain wild. Some places are too important for wild natural values to be developed. The American people support its protection by almost 2 to 1. Important as that debate is, it is irrelevant to the way in which industry actually produces Alaska North Slope oil.

Even before The New York Times reported that ''major oil companies are largely uninterested in drilling in the refuge," observation of industry behavior should have confirmed that and more. Three related conclusions follow.

No amount of newly discovered oil will significantly alter the volume that flows through the pipeline each year. Contrary to Alaska's prediction, the pipeline did not shut down in 2000. Since 1985 Alaska increased its forecast of total North Slope oil production 78 percent, from 12.5 billion barrels to 22.3 billion barrels. The pipeline runs at one million barrels per day and there are reserves sufficient to continue at that rate for more than 20 years.

In 2004, the pipeline was reauthorized for another 30 years, justified by industry projections of existing reserves and new discoveries coming on line. It is not a reach to suggest that additional reserves will be found to operate well beyond that. All of this is happening with no oil from the Arctic Refuge.

Despite increased oil reserves since 1985, the real story lies in North Slope oil flow being limited to the pipeline volume set by industry. Over the last decade, the pipeline's operation was cut in half from a design capacity of 2 million barrels per day, a level reached only once in 1988, then quickly abandoned.

With uncertain reserves, the inability to develop new fields fast enough, the highest production costs in the world, and an oil price crash, pipeline owners were financially vulnerable in operating at full capacity and could not sustain it. To adjust, they decommissioned five of the 11 pump stations along the 800-mile-long pipeline and reduced operations to 1 million barrels of oil per day. Regardless of new oil reserves, the industry is unlikely to retreat from that position since it appears to have settled on this financial ''sweet-spot" as best serving its long-term capital investment and profit goals. The pipeline is operated for profit, not for US energy policy needs.

Second, no amount of oil in the pipeline can reduce our imports or keep up with the growth in US oil consumption. Fixed at one million barrels per day, the pipeline provides a decreasing proportion of annual oil supply as our use grows.

At 5 percent of supply in 2003, when we used 20 million barrels per day, it will drop to 3.5 percent of supply by 2025 as consumption increases to 28 million barrels per day over the next 20 years. No oil discoveries on the North Slope will ever keep up with that 40 percent growth in consumption, let alone reduce imports. Only reducing use of oil will do that.

Third, Congress should reject privatizing our public lands, reject Arctic Refuge drilling, and move on to establishing a sound energy policy. Our nation has a laissez-faire market-driven energy policy that serves industry profitability well by privatizing federal public lands. We have no plan other than to play market roulette for our energy supply while we wager away our nation's public land treasures. We cannot sustain that. Our leadership has failed to meet its responsibility to develop a sound energy policy.

The Bush administration is rushing to open over 18 million acres under the North Slope Bureau of Land Management for leasing, almost 10 times more acreage than previously leased onshore in Alaska in 50 years. It is giving away America's Arctic.

Congress should rein in this drive to privatize public lands for energy production and establish a policy that reduces our use of oil through conservation, alternatives, renewables, and efficiencies. Congress should reject sacrificing the Arctic Refuge to the false hopes of misguided energy policy and keep it wild.

Allen E. Smith is a freelance writer who served The Wilderness Society as its Alaska regional director and Alaska senior policy analyst.

Drilling in Alaska will not save us. Do you care about the enviornment and the wildlife that surrounds you?

ltlm
03-16-2005, 03:44 PM
were at 2.16gal gas desiel at 2.21 gal

Hoods
03-16-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm still building my customer base, so I have the opportunity to start off with the inflated rates, Only problem is, I have to compete with guys who are still taking it on the chin and not rasing rates yet. Makes it hard to get new customers. :sleeping:

ChoppersLawnCare
03-16-2005, 05:03 PM
2.19 as of yesterday

ltlm
03-19-2005, 02:30 AM
just hit 2.26 gal gas they say by mon or wed well be 2.30 or 2.34 a gal

JKOOPERS
03-19-2005, 02:57 AM
down to $1.97 was up to $2.15 2 days a ago . i didnt buy gas those 2 days

jmkr02
03-19-2005, 03:28 AM
It's funny each time we talk alternatives and have a good amount of momentum behind it the gas prices go down.
We have bio diesel and we have ethanol
we can make diesel with used French fry oil and oops I mean freedom fry oil and cut the gas more with corn soy and other crops that we subsidies farmers to not plant
But then again Oil is king and we are it's peasants
As far as storing oil goes I would use it up too quickly for it to matter or for my luck as soon as I stash it will take a nose dive

GM had a nice hybrid truck lined up and canned it because no one wanted to pay the price

Another thing I don't get is why the truckers are no longer protesting???? :realmad: :angry:

lawnprosteveo
03-19-2005, 03:46 PM
$2.05 per gallon for the cheap stuff here in the former oil capital of the world!!! We even have a Sunoco refinery and a Sinclair refinery just across the river! Shouldnt it be cheaper because of that?

Blink74
03-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Here is Columbus, OH they've been steady around 2 per gallon. We keep a 300 gal. tank at the shop and it sucks when they fill that up at 600 bucks a pop. Summer average is estimated at .20 per gal higher than last year. So, I'm guessing that 2.00 per gal is going to be the norm. We raised our rates last year to compensate for the rising cost of fuel. I don't want to raise prices two years consecutively, so, we'll prolly just suck it up ths year.

There was a study that concluded there is only enouph raw oil left to last appx. 40 yrs. That, combined with the state of Middle East relations is creating panic in the petroleum industry. Low supply and high demand results in high prices. Some areas are expected to see prices as high as 3.00 per gal this year. Ouch :eek:

kory landscaping
03-19-2005, 07:00 PM
i raise prices $3.00 last year, i will not raise prices this year. But next year is a different story. I have 100 gallons stored, i bought it when it was 1.68 a gallon. I put stablizer in it. I'm just aliitle piss that one day it's 1.75 a gallon, then 2.05 a gallon and then back 1.85 a gallon.

Go for the Green
03-19-2005, 07:06 PM
i raise prices $3.00 last year, i will not raise prices this year. But next year is a different story. I have 100 gallons stored, i bought it when it was 1.68 a gallon. I put stablizer in it. I'm just aliitle piss that one day it's 1.75 a gallon, then 2.05 a gallon and then back 1.85 a gallon.

Good luck with that gas that you have stored. Don't use it in your hand held equipment as it will cause problems with or without fuel stablizer.

You can't store gas much more than 30 to 60 days for it to work properly in hand held stuff.

Ask your dealer if you don't believe me.

jmkr02
03-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Only gas for 40 more years that's what they said 30 years ago

kory landscaping
03-20-2005, 01:33 PM
thanks (go for the green),I'm starting up April 1 with Spring Cleanups, I'll buy fresh gas when i start using my 2 cycles. Hopefully then gas will be 1.85 a gallon Ha Ha yeah right, in my dreams.

kory landscaping

jcb287
03-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Just filled the car up this morning at $2.07 a gallon at BP :angry:
I can imagine what it will be this summer.

ECS
03-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Diesel at $2.47 and reg at $2.06 here.

kory landscaping
03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Sunday morning here 2.17 a gallon, friday it was 2.06.

kory landscaping

GrassBustersLawn
03-20-2005, 06:30 PM
between $2.18 & $2.25 here for REGULAR.

I've heard $2.50 to $3.00 for the summer.

Mike

JKOOPERS
03-20-2005, 06:54 PM
$1.94 a gal dropping a few cents everyday since the $2.15 mark. one more thing i hope everyone knows they can get a refund for buying gas for off road use . here in missouri thats $0.1755 a gal here . just try to keep the truck and equipment gas seperate.

kory landscaping
03-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I heard that opec was going to increase oil production. It seems they increase oil production and prices go up. They said that prices could reach 2.50 a gallon by memorial day. Oh well, gas goes up, taxes going up, and steel prices going up. Only in America....

Kory Landscaping

Mike TMI
03-20-2005, 07:58 PM
2.09 here in NOVA but I implemented a fuel charge last year and carried it over to this year......Thank God!

I charge each client a $5.00 per month fuel charge. Works out pretty good....290 customers @ $5.00. Still doesnt cover the whole monthly fuel bill but it definitely helps!!!

BobR
03-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Did my bit for fuel conservation, traded my 01 Chevy 2500HD gasser for an 05 Chevy 3500 Duramax. Two more weeks before it arrives from the factory.

BobR

bigz1001
03-21-2005, 08:23 AM
2.09 here in NOVA but I implemented a fuel charge last year and carried it over to this year......Thank God!

I charge each client a $5.00 per month fuel charge. Works out pretty good....290 customers @ $5.00. Still doesnt cover the whole monthly fuel bill but it definitely helps!!!

Since it is a fuel surcharge it shouldn't cover your monthly fuel bill, it should cover the diffrence in the rising fuel cost. I doubt you are spending an extra $1,450.00 a month in fuel.

jpp
03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Just hit 2.25 a gallon here in Columbus, Ohio. Fuel surcharge has kicked in.

GrassBustersLawn
03-30-2005, 04:23 PM
2.28 here in Indy.

:(

Mike

gdguth
03-30-2005, 04:29 PM
around 2.20 here in Central Illinois

nextel01
03-30-2005, 06:35 PM
just going to have to pass it on to the coustmers.

Mo Green
03-30-2005, 06:39 PM
There are two fuel stations down the road that are side by side. One is at $2.15 and the other at $2.06.

kory landscaping
03-30-2005, 08:07 PM
I full up today at 1:00 at $2.08, I went down the road to get fertilizer,when I went by the gas station at 1:20 the price was $2.32. What a jump.

Kory Landscaping

YGWBill
03-30-2005, 10:00 PM
2.24 here and still going up

QualityLawnCare4u
04-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Went from 2.03 Wensday to 2.19 today and no end in site. Already tacked on 3-5 more bucks on some bills today.

nmhorns
04-01-2005, 10:13 PM
2.15-2.30 in mpls

Soupy
04-01-2005, 10:23 PM
went fron 197.9 to 225.9 on Whensday. Diesel has been at $2.37.9 for awhile so that has not changed in a while.

Toy2
04-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Reg:2.02
Super:2.33

willretire@40
04-02-2005, 08:52 AM
$2.03-2.07 Here in Southeastern VA

bigz1001
04-02-2005, 08:56 AM
$2.19 for Regular Unleaded-Morgantown WV

Charles
04-02-2005, 09:00 AM
I read that article yesterday that said prices may go up to 100$ a barrel. I guess that would mean 4$ a gallon gas

Prices are are around $2.11 a gallon for unleaded plus

packerbacker
04-02-2005, 09:01 AM
2.10 here and 2.30 for Premium

This sucks.

youngbuck
04-02-2005, 05:19 PM
2.25 here in Toledo ohio and i herd bye the end of summer 2.60 but we will all just have to pass it on to our customers at least thates what i will do.

caz1
04-02-2005, 05:33 PM
2.34 here in escanaba mi

QualityLawnCare4u
04-02-2005, 05:50 PM
It jumped from 2.07 to 2.19 today. I just heard on the news that in the next 2 weeks would go up at least another .40 cents. This could be my downfall as I have so many on fixed incomes. My prices starting Monday are going up 5 bucks if Im out Im out. I cant absorb anymore cost. I have one yard that is 23 miles away that will be 10 bucks and I just raised them last summer 10 bucks.

proenterprises
04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
The cheapest I could find today was 2.16 for 87. It cost me 35.00 to fill up my truck. Not to bad.

Has anyone heard, realistically, what we are going to be looking at for future gas prices?

jpp
04-16-2005, 10:40 PM
1.98 here today in Columbus, Ohio

just Cuts
04-17-2005, 01:08 AM
2.25 a gallen :cry:

Pro - Cut
04-17-2005, 01:21 AM
I agree Larry. My rates will increase accordingly as well. It's just a part of doing business IMO. Food in the grocery stores will cost more, goods in the hardware store will cost more, etc., it shouldn't come as a surprise to most customers as they have to deal with it in some form or fashion just as we do.

Buck
I wish we had your gass prices down south in the tein city area. $2.00 pluss for reg and $2.30 plus for diesel.

Green lawns
04-17-2005, 01:38 AM
As of today:

Regular $ 2.33
Diesel $ 2.59

Where is it going to end?

DLCS
04-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Gas prices here are going down. Went from 2.29 down to 2.09 in about 2 days. I heard gas prices have peaked for the summer and a downward trend is likely to keep going. but like most people, I'll believe it when I see it.

Critical Care
04-17-2005, 12:41 PM
You know what really makes me sick? I just filled up a couple jerry cans with regular unleaded fuel for the equipment. It was $23.75 for not quite filling them full, and this was at one of the cheapest places in town.

This sure makes you think of doing a bit less edging, a bit less blowing, and a bit less line trimming.

And as far as fueling up my diesel... well... I lost my shirt on that a long time ago. Now I'm paying with arms and legs.

evergreenphc
04-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Regular gas is $259 with premium also $3.00 per gan at Chevron here in Northern California! I hate filling up!

Up North
04-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I wish we had your gass prices down south in the tein city area. $2.00 pluss for reg and $2.30 plus for diesel.

Yeah, I remember growing up and even up until the past few years our prices were always higher up here. Now the past few years we've been considerably cheaper up here...not sure why that is.

Same deal with diesel fuel, it used to be cheaper then reg. gas, now it costs more, what's with that? Isn't it easier to make diesel then reg. gas?

Our prices just dropped about 5 cents a couple days ago, hope that trend continues for awhile.

Buck

traman
04-17-2005, 05:45 PM
gas went down .10cents in a week, on the coast outside of tampa

DLCS
04-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Same deal with diesel fuel, it used to be cheaper then reg. gas, now it costs more, what's with that? Isn't it easier to make diesel then reg. gas?

Buck

I was always told that diesel was a waste product of making gasoline. I think the reason for diesel going up is that more and more people are buying diesel pickups. I see plenty of 3/4 diesel powered trucks around here, used for taking kids to school and grocery getters. 5 years ago you wouldn't see a woman driving a diesel pickup, now I see it all the time.

Dogbonz
04-17-2005, 09:45 PM
It don't matter how much OPEC raises production. The US only has so many refineries, and there all running at 98% production. If one has a fire or something we see prices jump. If the US would just make 2 more production plants,, then we could refine more fuel, making more surplus gas, making prices fall. Its all supply and demand. supply low demand high, HIGH PRICES. demand low supply high LOW PRICES.
Now if only they made mowers running on methane gas,,,all those cows out in the field would make your equipment run! HA well some day maybe. :dizzy:

Just starting out a part time lawn care biz,,, new baby here and wife works at Blue Cross so the bennies are great, cant say that bout my job, So Ill be stay at home dad, mowing part time. Hope everything goes good. this is a great sight and have read a bunch of the info, and will take it all to heart.

Thanx guys, be safe and happy days to ya! :D

Up North
04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite Dogbonz! Congrats on the new baby too, nothing wrong with being Mr. Mom.

Buck

Critical Care
04-18-2005, 01:09 AM
A number of years ago when gas prices were going up I knew a number of people that were converting their trucks over to propane. My friend managed a propane business and had even converted his Corvette over, but guess what happened before too long... The price of propane went way up, exactly like how diesel has shot through the roof. Almost sounds like a conspiracy doesn't it?

Richard Martin
04-18-2005, 05:47 AM
but guess what happened before too long... The price of propane went way up, exactly like how diesel has shot through the roof. Almost sounds like a conspiracy doesn't it?

Not when you consider that propane (liquified petroleum gas) comes out of the same barrels as diesel and gasoline.

Critical Care
04-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Same barrel but double the rate of increase than that of regular gas? Propane and now diesel prices appear to have increased more exponentially than linearly in relation to gasoline. I simply think that they have us over a barrel... no pun intended.

Let me mention another crazy thing - at least according to my book. This has nothing to do with gasoline, but instead with water. Out here we keep hearing "don't waste water", "water wisely", "conserve on water", and within the city you are limited on the days and hours that you can water your lawns. Before long they could make people only flush their toilets on odd or even days, but with all of this crying out of drought conditions they still offer lower rates to people who use more water. Tell me, does that make sense?

Dogbonz
04-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Thanx Buck Now go out and have a great year! =)

Dogbonz
05-10-2006, 06:11 PM
re read some of this thread and take alook back and see what gas prices were in mar of 05 and look at us bit(hen about it LOL:laugh:

steve45
05-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Well, since gas prices are now coming down, I guess we'll have to start another thread! I saw $2.69 today.

impactlandscaping
05-13-2006, 12:01 PM
I wish ours was going down..it was avg. of $ 2.86 per gallon on Thursday, Friday morning it went back to $ 3.00 per gallon. Diesel was $ 2.99