PDA

View Full Version : Tires on my Chopper

Barkleymut
05-15-2000, 10:28 PM
While mowing on Saturday my Chopper blew out a tire on the front. Well I've already plugged it over a dozen times and it was shot. So I figured in addition to buying a new tire that I would also get new rims so I could always have one with me for less down time. Well when I took off the old rims this evening I saw that they had bearings or some type of something inside the rim. How do I get this part out??? I tryed prying it out, banging it out but nothing worked. So much for being a timesaver! Oh well. Any help would be much appreciated.

mowerparts
05-16-2000, 05:38 AM
Dixie runs inner and outer bearings (2 per side) and a spacer in the middle. I just take a hammer and long punch to knock them out. Do one side, both bearings and then the spacer will fall out then the other side.<br>When putting in the new bearings make sure to pull the dust cover off the inner bearings so that the grease will pass threw them.<br>

DMC300
05-16-2000, 08:36 PM
Go ahead and get the complete rim setup with new bearings and spacer.Once you get it together it only takes a few min. to change in the field.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING