PDA

View Full Version : Clean up job

cutiegotherown
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and the lawn care business. I've been doing lawn care for 1 year. I don't have the equipment for large contracts right now but here are a few pics of a clean up job I did last year. ANY suggestions and advice in the business are welcome. The lawn was AWFUL on these pics so the pics don't show stripes or anything.

splatz100
03-04-2005, 07:23 PM
i think you did a good job, what equipment did you use and how much did you charge

Gatewayuser
03-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I think you did a fine job for just starting out. It went from being a jungle to park material. Good luck with your biz and welcome to Lawnsite! :waving:

cutiegotherown
03-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Thank you! I just used regular lawn equipment, lauper (sp), shears, saw and some gloves LOL and a 22" Toro push mower. I only charged $200 for this job. I know that's probably not enough though. What would you have charged? It took 5 hours front and back.

cutiegotherown
03-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Thank you Gatewayuser! Support helps. I'm a 5'2" 130 female so people doubt me ALLLLL day long until they see my work!!!

Gatewayuser
03-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Women can do just as good of work as men most of the time. Just make sure to always provide excellent work and soon people will not doubt you anymore.

j fisher
03-04-2005, 09:15 PM
HELUVA job on that trimming. Want a job?

cutiegotherown
03-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Well...I want a job but I'm more interested in not working FOR anyone. UNLESS...what are you offering? lol What would you have charged for the job I did by the way?

j fisher
03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
You said it took you 5 hrs. 200.00 bucks. thats 40.00 per hr. so I'd say you did ok. Did that include the time it took you to haul away and dispose of the debris? From your pics, I'd probably tried to get 300.00 to 375.00 including removal and disposal. But again, you did ok for 40.00 per hour.

Toy2
03-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Wow, I Had to look at those pics twice, looks awesome, great job! :)

dvmcmrhp52
03-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Women can do just as good of work as men most of the time. Just make sure to always provide excellent work and soon people will not doubt you anymore.

I'm hoping your right!

My daughter wants to work this summer...............
16, wants a car, etc.etc.......................

stumper1620
03-04-2005, 09:55 PM
great job!
don't even look like the same yard.
i had to look twice too.
looking at it you sure could have gone higher price and been legit in doing so, but you did come out good. :D

NCLawnMedic
03-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Looks great. If you can do that all the time, you will have no problems finding customers

cutiegotherown
04-15-2005, 01:50 PM
You said it took you 5 hrs. 200.00 bucks. thats 40.00 per hr. so I'd say you did ok. Did that include the time it took you to haul away and dispose of the debris? From your pics, I'd probably tried to get 300.00 to 375.00 including removal and disposal. But again, you did ok for 40.00 per hour.

No...It didn't include time to haul. A friend of mine hauled while I finshed up. It was two truck loads. I gave him $20. :) Thank you all for your replies!!

twins_lawn_care
04-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Nice looking clean up. really had to look back at the pics and see if that second tree was in the first pic!

not a bad price, I think your customer got a deal, and should be happy.
I would have tried a little more, but taking 5 hours, you were about right. Maybe tried to start at $300 here.

good luck with the business!

cutiegotherown
04-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Nice looking clean up. really had to look back at the pics and see if that second tree was in the first pic!

not a bad price, I think your customer got a deal, and should be happy.
I would have tried a little more, but taking 5 hours, you were about right. Maybe tried to start at $300 here.

good luck with the business!

I probably would have but I was trying to establish a customer base. This customer owns real estate (well...11 rental properties) and now calls me for everything he has!!! I always give them a deal. Thanks!

CamLand
04-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Excellent work,Be proud of yourself and have one on me.... :drinkup:

earthtrends
04-15-2005, 08:21 PM
good job cutie. There is a woman I work with that went out on her own and does a great job. She's trying to learn the ropes too.

grassmanvt
04-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Didn't recognize the place till I looked at the pictures closer. Looks good. If you were closer to Vt I'd have some sub work for you.

cutiegotherown
04-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Didn't recognize the place till I looked at the pictures closer. Looks good. If you were closer to Vt I'd have some sub work for you.

Thanks! I love lawn work. I love it when my stripes make the house I'm working on look better than every house on the block. I also like the clean up jobs because...well...look how it looks AFTER I'm done. I make more money doing clean up jobs. Anyone know how I can get sub jobs doing clean ups?

grassmanvt
04-19-2005, 12:55 AM
You might try talking to a realestate company, sometimes people don't mind spending a little dough to get their place spruced up before it hits the market, or to get it back in shape if on the purchasing end of the spectrum.Personally, I don't care for cleanups like that, it always seems to turn into a large project due to neglect or previous half-azz jobs. You"re right though, it is rewarding to see the improvement after.

Todd's lawncare
04-19-2005, 03:58 AM
Where in mo are ya at ??????????

cutiegotherown
04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Where in mo are ya at ??????????

I'm in Kansas City Missouri. You know of some things here that could help me out?

Mo Green
04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks! I love lawn work. I love it when my stripes make the house I'm working on look better than every house on the block. I also like the clean up jobs because...well...look how it looks AFTER I'm done. I make more money doing clean up jobs. Anyone know how I can get sub jobs doing clean ups?
Like someone else said, try real estate agents. I had one call me this week and give me two clean up jobs. I'd never met her before, but she got one of my fliers on her door and called. I did two estimates for her yesterday, and got both jobs. Each was in the $350 range and can both be done in less than a day.

scagboy227
04-22-2005, 05:49 PM
you did a really nice job

RedWingsDet
04-22-2005, 10:22 PM
You coulda got 500-750 for it, IMO. but anyhow, great job, and as long as you felt you made enough money thats all that matters :) but I still would have charged more.

cutiegotherown
04-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Like someone else said, try real estate agents. I had one call me this week and give me two clean up jobs. I'd never met her before, but she got one of my fliers on her door and called. I did two estimates for her yesterday, and got both jobs. Each was in the $350 range and can both be done in less than a day.

Again...I thank you all for the advice and compliments. Come to think of it the clean up jobs I have are from investors that buy cheap property to rent or sell. Kinda like real estate I guess. I never put the two together though...thanks.

For those of you who started on your own and had to make the transition from part time to quiting your day job and going full time...at what point did you make the transition? Before equipment, big bid, too many lawn jobs etc?

IMoLwnz.com
04-28-2005, 12:15 AM
WOW looks really great I too had to look twice at the pics!!! Id say Id have charged around 500 for that but if you made out ok and that person will help get you more jobs its WELL worth doing a great job and giving it to them at a great price.
Looks very nice Very good job!!