PDA

View Full Version : rivets or no rivets?

grass disaster
03-05-2005, 04:06 PM
looking to buy a trailer i can get it without rivets at the same price. i'm planning on getting a black trailer and the rivet less would be easier to clean i'm thinking. i could just squeegee it dry. but on the other hand the rivets are probably stronger. which should i get????????

grass disaster
03-05-2005, 09:39 PM
thanks for the help guyz?

TerraVenture
03-06-2005, 07:32 AM
I just bought a 8.5'x24' without screws on the sides from cargo express. You can get screwless sides from alot of the major manufacturers. It is an otion you have to ask for. It might not be available on the less expensive models. I just paid a little over $10K for mine. I know it is available on some Pace and wells cargo models. I got the cargo express because of the full tube frame construction.

TURF DOCTOR
03-06-2005, 07:44 AM
We run 2 haulmarks 1 with rivets 1 without, it was a expensive option the 1 without,you will be pleased it makes the lettering stand out and look so much better. i would rivet the seams for the wind at high speeds they use 3m tape.

grass disaster
03-06-2005, 01:40 PM
We run 2 haulmarks 1 with rivets 1 without, it was a expensive option the 1 without,you will be pleased it makes the lettering stand out and look so much better. i would rivet the seams for the wind at high speeds they use 3m tape.

I'm just wondering how strong that that glue(tape) is compared to the rivets i know the alluminum is not a very stable metal and likes to expand and contract easily. expecially here in minnesota.

i know i would like the stream line look but i don't want my sides falling off!!!!!

Guthrie&Co
03-07-2005, 07:41 PM
i would get whatever is the strongest. you know how employees tear up everything.

Goble's Lawn Service
03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
we have a 16' trailer without rivets and is holding up well and is coming up on two years. If you can afford it, it looks a lot better than with rivets and so far is just as strong. The salesman said that it is just as strong as rivets (but you know they'll say anything to get you to spend more).

grass disaster
03-07-2005, 10:46 PM
we have a 16' trailer without rivets and is holding up well and is coming up on two years. If you can afford it, it looks a lot better than with rivets and so far is just as strong. The salesman said that it is just as strong as rivets (but you know they'll say anything to get you to spend more).

it does not cost me anything to get it without rivets, it's the same price