PDA

View Full Version : Dump bed insert

flykelley
03-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Ok Guy's
I'm new here but been a member of Plowsite for a little over a year. My idea is my truck sits all summer so why not get a dump box insert and sell and deliver landscaping supply's. I do not want to get into the lawn care end of this, just want to delivery supplies and try to make a little money in the summer. The idea is a 3/4 HD can get into place's a 5 yd Dump can't. This way the homeowner will not have to move mulch and top soil as far. Any thought's or idea's.

Thanks Mike

ksland
03-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't think you can hold enough volume to make it worth it.

I guess 1-3 yards (4-5 with sideboards of mulch) you could deliver, and most places charge a seperate delivery fee....you may be able to.

I would hook up with a local supply place and see if they need another delivery truck. Unless you are talking about stocking the stuff yourself.

Problem is, you will be required to hold a business insurance policy (if you don't already have one) which, just for that reason is not going to be worth it.

flykelley
03-06-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't think you can hold enough volume to make it worth it.

I guess 1-3 yards (4-5 with sideboards of mulch) you could deliver, and most places charge a separate delivery fee....you may be able to.

I would hook up with a local supply place and see if they need another delivery truck. Unless you are talking about stocking the stuff yourself.

Problem is, you will be required to hold a business insurance policy (if you don't already have one) which, just for that reason is not going to be worth it.Yes I carry a business insurance policy. I was thinking a $35.00 delivery fee plus material. You are right 2-3 yds at max on that truck. Something to think about.

Mike

Metro Lawn
03-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Yes I carry a business insurance policy. I was thinking a $35.00 delivery fee plus material. You are right 2-3 yds at max on that truck. Something to think about.

Mike

Most of the suppliers in the area deliver for free or a small fee. The only way you could make anything is to get a better deal on the materials so you can mark it up a bit. Otherwise I think it wouldn't be worth the hassle.