PDA

View Full Version : Conex in Vegas

Krois Landscaping
03-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Just wondering who will be attending conex in vegas next week? I'm getting there wednesday morning and leaving friday afternoon. I'll be staying at the MGM Grand.

Tigerotor77W
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Have a GREAT time! I only wish all schools could be cancelled for this one thing. Hehe... seriously, have a good safe time in Vegas and take lots of pictures (if they're allowed? I wouldn't know)!

Tigerotor77W
03-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Caterpillar has four webcams on their site...

Man, I'm really wishing I were there right now... :(

Krois Landscaping
03-15-2005, 06:33 PM
i'm starting to pack now.... should be great

Rex Mann
03-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Just returned from the show. It's hard to describe how big it is. Any type of equipment for construction by every manufacture from all over the world is there. Its really amazing how big it is.....did I already say that?

I found what I was looking for, so I am glad I went.

Hope to go again in three years.

Peace,

Rex

ArizonaPavers.Com (http://arizonapavers.com)

ksss
03-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I got left on Wend. and got back on Sunday. Talked to as many manufacturers as I could. I have enough literature to fill a book case and thats not including what is coming in the mail in the next three weeks.

Some highlights.
Takeuchi introduced a 30K excavator with a swing boom.

Got the real word on Laser Leveling's grading systems.

JCB excavators (full size) are way more advanced than I thought.

Komatsu skid steers have many features I didn't know. IE. pilot controls that switch from CAT to CASE pattern. Way easy servicability. They use all their own commponents (very impressive).

Spoke with CAT about their machines. We discussed the limitations of the single control for movement. They are not far from releasing a changer like the Komatsu machines. Their cabs are improved

The CASE/New holland tracks are the same but are built by CASE and not the same as the Bobcat design. Case made numerous improvements in the cab and have improved hydrualic pumps. They use trigger controls for ride control and two speed. The aux. controls are electronic or foot controled or both.

Had a good talk with the Deere guys. I save that for another thread.

The Loegren system is cool. Unfortunately I can't switch between a 95XT and a 70XT due to wheel base differences.

Made some great contacts. Meet a lot of people face to face that I know from phone conversations. If your in the dirt business in anyway you really can't afford not to be there. Well worth the time and money (deductable).

Tigerotor77W
03-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on the CNH track system. I was told that CNH makes their own tracks; I'm curious to see if they'll last. (Bobcat made its own for the 864 but had quite a bit of problems with them; they resorted to used Berco undercarriages that look a LOT like the CNH tracks. Maybe same track manufacturer? Dunno. I'll have to look more into that one.)

I would go just for the literature, but I'm out of room. Two four-foot shelves full of literature (one of which is Cat literature), and one drawer of a file cabinet of various specs. Let's hope I can get there in 2008... *crosses fingers*

kaiser -- I'd like to PM you about this further but I'm on a dialup right now and I just can't wait for the page to load, then wait again for it to send. I'll shoot one to you a bit later in the week. Seems like you stayed away from the Bobcat guys... they need some of the people here to work for them, mainly to put the younger engineers where they belong. From what I've heard, the younger ones are a bit feisty when it comes to talking to non-Ph.D people. :rolleyes: