PDA

View Full Version : raking/dethatching with a power broom attatchment

scott in the soo
03-08-2005, 09:52 PM
iv'e seen guys do it.. but, does it work and is it worth it. i have manually raked my lawns for the past few years and i am getting sick of it. i purchased a stihl f.s 110 with a sweeper attatchment this past off season..

please tell me..

do any of you guys use these to dethatch or rake in the spring??????

Itsgottobegreen
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
No but I plan to add some gauge wheels to my 3pt tractor mounted sweepster to try it. I have heard it works quite well. I got a walkbehind detatcher and it takes too long on 1 acre jobs.

I too want to know more. :)

Runner
03-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Look into the JRCO rake, and you will never look back. Instant moneymaker.

ChadA
03-09-2005, 03:29 PM

I hope to add a JRCO Dethatcher to my W/B by next month. I know it will pay for itself.

cenlo
03-26-2005, 12:01 AM
iv'e seen guys do it.. but, does it work and is it worth it. i have manually raked my lawns for the past few years and i am getting sick of it. i purchased a stihl f.s 110 with a sweeper attatchment this past off season..

please tell me..

do any of you guys use these to dethatch or rake in the spring??????

I think you should use a standard dethatcher (like Billygoat) then Turf-vac the property! :) This is the best way for a "true" dethatching! The sweeper attachment is for babies. :cry: Be a man and go big! You should look for a local company to partner up with for that if monies tight! payup

You seem like a guy that would buy a "Husky" :D

Have I pissed you off yet! :realmad: Have a good day! :rolleyes:

dfor
03-26-2005, 09:52 AM

Ditto. I bought one a few years back and it has been awsome. Saves alot of time. Most of my lawns don't need a power dethatching (so far).

gene gls
03-26-2005, 10:01 PM
A hand held is OK for small closed in areas. I use a 40" MB power brush for the open areas, sticks, achorns, dead grass, and sand along the road. Gets it all,one pass.

Gene