PDA

View Full Version : Super Z seat suggestions

joallen001
03-09-2005, 02:28 AM
When I got my super z it had the black seat on it. Shortly after that they put the grey ones on. I tried to trade with my dealer but he said I had the better of the two seats. I realize now the grey one is much better cause a friend of mine has one. I called the dealer today and he said he would give it to me for cost. 325 or 375 I cant remember for sure. What are my options as far as getting a seat for a super z. I read about the comfort ride seat but couldnt find any info and where I could buy it. Thanks for the suggestions anybody has.

Mark P
03-09-2005, 03:28 AM
Surely your dealer would know how to fix this problem, Im sure he sell's them...Marks Mowing Service

joallen001
03-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Surely your dealer would know how to fix this problem, Im sure he sell's them...Marks Mowing Service

There is nothing wrong with the seat I have. The grey seat is just a better seat in my opinion. The dealer gave me the prices I listed. Basically is that a good price or should I get another seat and where can I find one?

captken
03-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't understand? While I haven't demoed a new Hustler with the grey seat, it was my understanding, by reading a post last year, that the reason the change was made was because the black seat gets hot in the Summer sun.
If you have a Super Z, then the seat should be a suspension seat. I have the black suspension seat, and don't have a problem with it.
The seat is adjustable, you have to turn the knob on the front to adjust it to your body weight.
If you are light and the seat is set for a heavy person the ride can be harsh. If the seat has too little damping dialed in, then the seat will bounce you.

Try different settings until you find one that is comfortable.

lampeslawnservice
03-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree the black seat is nice but the GREY seat takes the cake. It actually has padding on the butt and back makes for a much more comfortable ride.

captken
03-09-2005, 01:30 PM
The Hustler website states in their news column that the new seat "is more comfortable, is easier to adjust, and has lumbar and back angle adjustments."
hmmm...worth looking into if you want lumbar support and a recline feature and are willing to pay for upgrade.
For me, I cannot justify the additional expense over what I own now. However it makes a good selling point when deciding on which new mower to buy. IMO... :)

Those with sensitive backs would benefit from having their machine retrofitted for sure.

lampeslawnservice
03-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I bought my Huslter new and two months later, bam out come the new seat. A real kick in the shorts!

joallen001
03-09-2005, 02:01 PM
I already had surgery on my back once. So I want the best seat I can get. The grey seat definately has more cushion than the black one. Are there any aftermarket seat options cheaper than buying one from the dealer

lampeslawnservice
03-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Aftermarket don't know? The new Hustler seat in my opinion is probably one of the nicest I have sat on.

joallen001
03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Aftermarket don't know? The new Hustler seat in my opinion is probably one of the nicest I have sat on.

What should I expect to pay for the hustler seat

lampeslawnservice
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
About $375. I Asked the dealer how much when they came out. Haven't bought one yet, too many other tools first. But, maybe the first bump this spring I'll change my mind. That unpadded backrest was really a bad idea. You could go to the Hustler forum back on the main page and ask them.