PDA

View Full Version : Lease a Skid Loader?

wanabe
03-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Do any of the Manufactures lease out skidloaders? I would like to get into doing skidloader work for people, but this may be a better way to go, especially if I do not end up with enough work to pay for one. Anybody doing this?

mbella
03-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Do any of the Manufactures lease out skidloaders? I would like to get into doing skidloader work for people, but this may be a better way to go, especially if I do not end up with enough work to pay for one. Anybody doing this?

We buy our equipment, but I know Bobcat has lease plans.

Tigerotor77W
03-09-2005, 01:29 PM
It's likely more a dealer thing than a manufacturer thing... so I'd check with the dealer of the skid steer you'd like to buy.

mbella
03-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Ingersoll Rand offers lease plans through the Bobcat dealers.

Tigerotor77W
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Cool! Didn't know that.

i_plant_art
03-09-2005, 11:53 PM
CAT also offers then but be ware some lease plans cost more than just outright making payments on one

Green Pastures
03-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Probably going to find out it's better to buy than to lease big ticket items.

ksss
03-21-2005, 04:20 PM
I've looked into this as well and found that it is cheaper to buy. However if you have job requiring another machine or a different machine (tracked for example) that may work depending on your ability to incoporate that cost into a job. If your trying to decide if there is enough work for one I wouldn't go with a lease. Short term leases are expensive and your just as bound to the machine as if you bought it. I would find a used machine that is under valued, run it for the season and either keep it if you like, trade for a new one if business is good or sell it for what it is worth and shut the door if your were not busy enough.