PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Or Exmark

grass addict
03-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey guys i'm new to the site so be patient please I cut grass I'm not very computer literate.Does anyone on here run great dane I have read several threads and have heard no one mention great dane ztr's and how do you compare them with exmark 60" walkbehind

Mo Green
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
There are quite a few guys here that run the Danes. Try inserting Great Dane in to the search bar at the top of the page. Should find plenty there. :waving:

Classic
03-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I have a Dane Super Surfer and I love it!

The Great Dane products have been good to me but I also run ExMark Lazers and they are excellent as well.

My opinion is you can't make a wrong choice with either.

Good luck!

apluslawn
03-10-2005, 02:15 AM
spend the money and get the exmark you will be happy you did dont even concider gd its not worth it

lawnchopper
03-10-2005, 12:06 PM
there both great mowers i'd demo both the GD surfers have have a manuverability about them and there somewhat compact so it saves space in your trailer and sometimes its nice to stand instead of sit.
Exmark is a awesome cutting machine and rides good and I do believe that Exmark has better customer service and parts availablity.

lawnman_scott
03-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Exmark has better customer service and parts availablity.This is a giant understatement. Great Dane has been a problem since JD bought them. I would never buy one again, and if someone gave me one, i would give it back. Exmark has been virtually problem free, a much better way to spend you money.

Turf Dancer
03-10-2005, 01:23 PM
I demoed 3 Great Danes and while I liked the both the Super Surfers I would not buy one, getting parts is PITA. The dealer who gave me the Demo said that they are going down hill as far as getting parts to the dealer.

lawnman_scott
03-10-2005, 02:07 PM
To really awnser the question, go here. its the old great dane forum, they used to be a sponcer. The one good thing i can say for them, they didnt edit posts. They took what they had coming, and if you look hard enough, the truth is there.
http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

grass addict
03-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I was looking at the chariot great dane not a stander and the exmark is a walkbehind

cklands
03-10-2005, 02:43 PM
You are not comparing apples to apples. But personally I run exmark and love them. They are very reliable. I also have a couple Wright Standers. If you are looking at the chariot I would say look at the Wright Sentar. I don't know may guys that like the Great Dane. I used one for a little while when they first came out and the Stander is much better IMO.