PDA

View Full Version : Turnaround time

JasonPC
05-15-2000, 11:26 AM
Business is crazy this year. SO crazy that I'm actually turning work down. I feel horrible doing that, but we have no choice. When I schedule a landscaping job (mulch, install, etc.) our timeframe is about 4-6 weeks. Is this outrageous? Our customers are shocked. Typically we're able to schedule quicker, but we've grown so rapidly. I'm wondering if our turnaround time is out of the ordinary or if it's normal. How is everybody else's turnaround time? Thanks in advance.<p>Nicole

Lanelle
05-15-2000, 03:39 PM
During the busiest part of the spring (now), a four week turnaround is typical in our area and six weeks is not uncommon although customers don't want to hear that. Large companies that do large commercial installs are booked for much longer times, as well. Good luck. Just keep going, by July maybe there will be time for sleep.

jaclawn
05-15-2000, 09:46 PM
At one point this spring, I was telling people 8-9 weeks. Gets too tough to call that far in advance. With the dry weather the last month, we are caught up, and now only at a 6 week backlog. People still get upset at that timeframe.

MandM
05-15-2000, 10:54 PM
In our business, we do both Landscape and Maintenance. We are telling people 12 weeks and they can't wait to get signed up. Real good customers will wait for quality work. I know one company that has a waiting list of one year. All I can say is job security.