PDA

View Full Version : Price help for mlch bid

PrecisionYardworks
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I have a new customer that wants mulch put down. I was there monday with 2 other helpers and trimmed all the pushes and cleaned out all the beds. The beds are still in good shape and there is total of 2,000 sq ft bed space. I plan to have 10yds triple shredded dyed browm mulch deliver and dropped in the st. I pay 18 a yd and 35 for delivery. In the rear is 700sq ft that is a steep hill and plan an using trash can to the mulch up there. It will be me and 2 other guys what should i charge? Everything is close in wlking distance. Thanks for your help. I tried to include all the details. Ps she is a nice lady not like some of the pain in the ass customers we all get

John P.
03-09-2005, 04:34 PM
18 a yard is a good price to buy it at where do you get it

PMLAWN/RI
03-09-2005, 04:52 PM
In Rhode Island my company regularly charges 58-60 per yard installed, I don't know if that will fly in DE but good luck

PrecisionYardworks
03-09-2005, 05:25 PM
thanks a lot for your help I get my mulch from a local dealer they grind and dye the mulch at there yard

bbritt
03-11-2005, 07:39 AM
I have a new customer that wants mulch put down. I was there monday with 2 other helpers and trimmed all the pushes and cleaned out all the beds. The beds are still in good shape and there is total of 2,000 sq ft bed space. I plan to have 10yds triple shredded dyed browm mulch deliver and dropped in the st. I pay 18 a yd and 35 for delivery. In the rear is 700sq ft that is a steep hill and plan an using trash can to the mulch up there. It will be me and 2 other guys what should i charge? Everything is close in wlking distance. Thanks for your help. I tried to include all the details. Ps she is a nice lady not like some of the pain in the ass customers we all get
i would say for the job that it is 18yrds of mulch.what i would do is charge 50 bucks plus 20 bucks a yrd spread.so i would do 70 bucks a yrd spread multiply that by 18 yrds which it would be 1260 bucks plus 35 for delivery it would be about 1300 for the job maybe if the hill is that bad add another 100 to it :rolleyes:by the way that 18 yrds of mulch is for about 2 inches spread if you think its 10 i think your gonna come up short unless your spreading it real thin :D

old dog
03-14-2005, 05:36 PM
!0 yards at 2" deep will do 1620 Sq. ft.How deep do you want the mulch? I would agree if you want 2" of mulch to get 18 yds!Frm your post I take it
you have 27oo sq. ft. of beds!?

PrecisionYardworks
03-14-2005, 09:06 PM
i have 2000 sq ft total pland on doing about ant 1.5 inch slready smae color down she just wants it freshened up and there are a lot of plants in the bed

lucky4511
03-15-2005, 05:48 PM
1 to 3 inches seem pretty customary - 3 inches out around the edges and 1 to 2 around the bushes and plants.

bobdaduke
03-15-2005, 05:56 PM
I would charge $50 per yard to install, 3 people at 3 yds per hour, at best 3 hours to spread the mulch. $900 sounds good to me. I put down 32 yards recently by myself, wore my a$$ out, charged $48 per yard and put it down in 2 1/2 days, I came pretty good and a sore back :dizzy: