PDA

View Full Version : whats the aerating process???

CelticGreens
03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
i dont know if this is a stupid question but when you guys aerate, how do you get rid of all the plugs? i know they are all over the lawn. do you rake by hand? isn't that very tedious and annoying, and basically damn near impossible? what are you prices and how do you figure it out??

i would like to aerate and thatch this season, being only my second year. i dont have the equipment but can rent it. i would like to offer these services for the experience for one, but if its profitable and will improve the lawn, why not. help me out guys

hole in one lco
03-09-2005, 06:05 PM
1. leave the core on the lawn they will decompose
2 mark all sprinkler heads, invisible fens lines, sewer caps, water and gas caps

Guthrie&Co
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
aeration helps get rid od compaction in the soil and helps establish a healthy root system.

lawnlubber
03-10-2005, 03:09 AM
watering after you are finished will help hide the unsightly cores without removing them.

bbritt
03-10-2005, 09:23 PM
i dont know if this is a stupid question but when you guys aerate, how do you get rid of all the plugs? i know they are all over the lawn. do you rake by hand? isn't that very tedious and annoying, and basically damn near impossible? what are you prices and how do you figure it out??

i would like to aerate and thatch this season, being only my second year. i dont have the equipment but can rent it. i would like to offer these services for the experience for one, but if its profitable and will improve the lawn, why not. help me out guys
i usually triple the lawn mowin price for aerating and leave the gease terds on the lawn dont rake it youll go nuts :dizzy:

Guthrie&Co
03-11-2005, 12:24 AM
i wonder how far a mower could thow a plug? that is if you areated before you mowed.