PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Talkers

Axl
03-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I am preparing to go door to door soon as was wondering if I could get some of the opening lines or what you all say initially to potential customers when doing this. I dont want to walk up, knock, hi want your grass cut, door slammed in face, walk away like a jackass.

Obviously I am not this stupid but I want to maximize my chances of striking up a convo. with pen ended questions and was wondering how some of the pros do it.

Mo Green
03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Good afternoon, my name is______ and I own a local lawn care and landscaping company. I am in the neighborhood today to speak to local home owners about the quality lawn services that I offer. I have been in business for ___ years and I am fully licensed and insured.....

Axl
03-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Thats good, exactly what Im talkin bout. Gimme sum mo, I want to find out who is the "could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves" sales man of the door to door lawn world so we can adapt/adopt their techniques to our presentation. Everyone will benefit from this if they ever do door to door

bushtrimmer
03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
the thing is, to be good you either got it or you don't, you really need the gift to gab. If they don't have any work for you, you will at least get names of people to contact, or at minimum, they will pass on your name when the subject comes up.

Toy2
03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
also make sure you don't wear your wife beater shirt and cut-offs, nice Dockers and shirt and you will make a good impression, good luck.

launboy
03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Just be smooth like Axl!!!!
G'N'F'R's

Tadams
03-09-2005, 09:35 PM
When you go door to door do you take your whole rig with you or just your truck? Would it look more professional either way?

Flipperneck
03-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Try grunting alot....Me mow lawn....errrr...jk

As far as the greeting just remember what makes you think run and what makes you think "oh sure I have a moment to spare".

I just tend to BS people using their own style of talking with lots of eye contact and ALOT of confidence.

Mo Green
03-09-2005, 09:38 PM
When you go door to door do you take your whole rig with you or just your truck? Would it look more professional either way?
I wouldn't go towing my rig all over town. Just make sure that you are presentable. Wear a nice clean, collered shirt, nice khakis, be clean shaven and make sure you smell good.

And as Flipper said.....be confidence. You have to sell yourself.

rookie03
03-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I think it would be nice to tow your trailer with equipment on it. That way a potential customer will be able to see your entire presentation. Most will respect you a little more if you win their first impression. You dress nice and clean. You presented your lawn company very well with your introduction line. And as soon as they open the door they are more comfortable with seeing your lawn setup. They notice you have a clean pickup with clean equipment and trailer and they know right when you get to their door that you have a lawn company. No second guessing for the customer. You look legit and will increase your sales based on letting the customer feel more and more comfortable about your business. The customer will have a better sense of security. If someone comes to my house and doesn't have a shirt or vehicle with their business name, etc on it then I simply won't buy their product. If they have those things then I'm more apt to buy something from them.