PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a GrassPacker????

Lawn Dog2001
03-09-2005, 08:05 PM
I have done a couple of searches on the GrassPacker. I am having trouble deciding what i want to do.

It seems about half the people that have owned them think they are garbage. The other half think they are the best thing since slight bread.

Anyone have any experiences with this bagger. The one im looking at is $245 which sounds really steep for what you get. But Im not sure I want to buy another steel grass gobler, because the rust out too fast. And I really dont want to kick up $500 for an aluminum bagger. I thought the Grass Packer might be worth a shot.

Carolina Cutter
03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Well I looked at them and they looked like garbage cans. I dont like them. I bought a grass gobbler and am satified.

Lawn Dog2001
03-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Gotta give this a bump. Anyone out there have the Packer?

Richard Martin
03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I have a GrassPacker and it is great. It is a poly catcher but it is tough. There is zero chance that it will ever rust out. It is also easier to use and dump then the steel and aluminum catchers. You can set it down on the front while you release the rubber catch. Then flip the door open and dump. Set it back down on the front, close the door and relatch. There are no little corners for grass to get in the way of the door or anything like that. Try it, you'll like it.

Fareway Lawncare
03-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Doesn't Look like it Would Have Nearly the same Airflow as a perforated Aluminum or steel like GG's or Accelerators...Should be Nice & Light.

Richard, Do you have any Airflow Comparison Analysis Studies based on Perforation density as they Relate to Clogging in Wet Turf ?

Richard Martin
03-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Doesn't Look like it Would Have Nearly the same Airflow as a perforated Aluminum or steel like GG's or Accelerators...Should be Nice & Light.

Richard, Do you have any Airflow Comparison Analysis Studies based on Perforation density as they Relate to Clogging in Wet Turf ?

The GrassPacker I have seems to pack the grass as well as the GG it replaced.

I haven't seen any studies yet but if you want to volunteer the time to count each hole in both the GG and the Acc and then double count to be sure I'm sure I could actually come up with something. :)

TMlawncare
03-10-2005, 11:20 PM
We used the grass goblers for a couple years. That poor latch design still makes my fingers hurt. To me the accelerator is the finest on the market. Its very lighweight, great latch setup, goes on really easy, stays in position even on very rough ground (that alone is enough reason to buy). Have not used the grasspacker, just looked like it wouldn't hold up.

Norm Al
03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
will this work?
http://www.crazynews.net/dp/files/2-131.jpg

PeterA
03-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Lawn Dog,
I was reading this thread and noticed you said $500.00 for an Accelerator. This is the price for our giant size bagger, but our regular size is $359.00.

superbee
03-15-2005, 04:54 AM
My Accelerator and Extender plus freight and tax came to almost $600.00.

Lawn Dog2001
03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I did end up buying the Grass Packer. I will be sure to post how much I end up loving, or hating it.

Peter A

If I was going to go with the accelerator I was going to go with the extended size. Thats the one reason I chose the Packer. If it packs grass the way it says it will, you can fit a hell of a lot of grass in that thing.

PeterA
03-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. Superbee, 600 would be about right for a catcher and extender. The prices I quoted above did not include an extender. List price on the extender is $219.00 for the regular size, $275.00 for the Jumbo. Thanks for buying our catcher. I hope your experience with it has been good.