PDA

View Full Version : stealth lawn mower

accountant
05-10-2000, 06:00 PM
Has anyone heard of the Stealth mower? Our local power equipment dealer has a new 33 inch commercial walk-behind mower for sale manufactured by Stealth. The unit has a heavy duty deck, 10.5 hp B&S engine, 3 forward speeds, no reverse and no independent braking, 3 blades. He says lots of his commercial accounts use this mower for gate entry and smaller back yards. I'm interested in the machine for home use, but since I have never heard of this company, I hesitate to buy it. I'm looking for a small commercial walk-behind and am considering the 32-inch, gear-drive Bob Cat, however, this Stealth unit is lower priced and might meet my needs (2 acres of lawn). Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

Gus
05-11-2000, 08:22 AM
I`d go with the Ransomes it`s a more heavy duty trur commercial machine with years of a great reputation. Find one with a Honda or Kawasaki motor because the briggs just doesnt cut it in my opinion.<p>----------<br>gus....<br>

southside
05-11-2000, 09:20 AM
I agree,the only good briggs is a burning<br>one.<p>Karl<br>

accountant
05-11-2000, 11:04 AM
Thanks, guys. I'll go with the expert advice.

RH
05-12-2000, 04:13 PM
<br>Be wary of the Stealth. It's a Chinese made unit with B&S engine. Doesn't matter how cheap it is, can you gets parts when you need 'em, and who's gonna stand behind the unit when it goes down??? The importer??? Yea right.

Mark
05-13-2000, 03:17 AM
I don't know anything about this mower, but i would sure stack my briggs vangard up as one of the best engines on the market, I also run kohler,and robin motors. Those japan motors are all made well.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>

accountant
05-15-2000, 08:05 PM
thanks for the replies and advice. I've given up on the Stealth (what good is the machine if a supply of parts is in jeopardy) and am looking at a 36 Bob-Cat. The units are expensive, but will last forever with proper maintenance and care. Thanks for the help.

John DiMartino
05-15-2000, 10:25 PM
I know they aren't popular-but my friend has a 36&quot;pro Gravely and its 4 years old,hasnt needed a single thing yet,cut is great,blades are cheap,and its got a 12.5 kohler.I've found that Jap motors(Kawi,kubota,yanmar,briggsVanguard,are much better than the american built Kohler,Onan,or Briggs.<p>----------<br>John D<br>