PDA

View Full Version : How to change ZTR blades? Ramps? lift? Help?

hartmas
03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I have used a jack to change the blades on my Exmark ZTR but is there a better way(without a hoist) to get the mower up in the air?

launboy
03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
this is by no means safe and would not reccomend it but when out on the job i have driven up the side of the gate and let the other half hang off. and lay on the ground.

pfeiff
03-10-2005, 04:04 PM
I use car ramps. it is a little tight but it works for me.

Littleriver1
03-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Me too. I use the trailer gate.

CamLand
03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
We use Trailer as well or at shop floorjack and stands...

jtkplc
03-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I use the lift master that came w/ my 260.

00000001.jpg

Precision
03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
My 260 did not come with a lift master. Did you pay extra or is that supposed to be included.

I use a ramp that I made of 2x4 and plywood. One tire on the ground and one tire on the ramp. Works great.

In the field I use the trailer gate. left tire on change center and right blades. Back off and move to other side of gate and do left blade. So long as you aren't trying to do all 3 you should be fine. turn off the mower and apply the brake and chock the back wheel so she can't move. Don't lay in the way of traffic and other obvious stuff.

PB34
03-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Try this, I use it for my ZTR and other mowers. Works pretty good, I can get my impact wrench under the deck no problem to change blades.

http://www.ballard-inc.com/superjack.htm

ALarsh
03-10-2005, 05:22 PM
I use the Z-Stand on my toro

MDLawnman
03-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Super Jack is definatley the way to go. I keep mine in the trailer, it tucks under the Exmark Lazer, just in case. I've had other LCO's stop and ask me where to get one! You have to be careful of the baffles under the deck on some mowers though. The lift can bend them.

soccerlawn
03-10-2005, 05:36 PM
I also have the Z Stand on my toro and it is so easy to use.

chimmygew
03-10-2005, 05:57 PM
I use a jungle jack.

http://www.junglejimsap.com/jack.html

jtkplc
03-10-2005, 06:26 PM
My 260 did not come with a lift master. Did you pay extra or is that supposed to be included.

I use a ramp that I made of 2x4 and plywood. One tire on the ground and one tire on the ramp. Works great.

In the field I use the trailer gate. left tire on change center and right blades. Back off and move to other side of gate and do left blade. So long as you aren't trying to do all 3 you should be fine. turn off the mower and apply the brake and chock the back wheel so she can't move. Don't lay in the way of traffic and other obvious stuff.

It's an option, I think $250, but I got it included in the total price for free!

Precision
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I wasn't even offered it. I would have bought it in a second. And the dealer wonders why I am not bringing him much of my business.

Darryl G
03-11-2005, 02:12 AM
I have a Lazer HP 52 and I usually just drive up on the trailer gate with the mower overhanging. Occassionally I can get all three spindles at once, but usually have to move the mower to the other side of the gate to get one of them.

However, if the mower is in my shop, I will just lift the front end up with one hand and slide an axle stand under with the other.

I've tried using car ramps but they don't get the deck up high enough for me to get my impact wrench in there and generally get in the way.

metiernan
03-11-2005, 01:13 PM
I use an electic hoist for my lazer Z 60 inch. The hoist was less than $100. But I use to back the mower on the trailer ramp gate and the pull it forward onto some car ramps.

oldturf
03-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Toro Z stand, simple and easy antwhere.

Hacksquat
03-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Try this, I use it for my ZTR and other mowers. Works pretty good, I can get my impact wrench under the deck no problem to change blades.

http://www.ballard-inc.com/superjack.htm

How much did that set ya back?

Runner
03-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Wow. This is like deje'vu. I just posted on this subject a few days ago. Here's what my thread said......
A Junglejack and a rechargable impact. Once you have these, you will never look at it any other way. The thing is, you buy them once, and you have them forever. In one season (provided you change your blades as often as you should) they will more than pay for themselves.

To add to this, the other type of pryjack (red one) is pretty cool, but the only problem is, is that it's right in the way. With the Junglejack, it is off to the side (diagonal), and you have room under there. With this type, you have not only one, but two jacks and posts out in the way. Just my preference, is all.

lpwhandyman
03-11-2005, 06:06 PM
You guys that use the trailer ramp.....get an impact swivel and a small extension and you'll be able to get all blades in one shot.