PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Jim Trailer Mate

Grasman
03-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Has anyone used the Jungle Jim Trailer Mate? I just got back from my winter vacation and was going through all the Grounds, Pro, Landscape etc. magizines and saw their ad introducing the Trailer Mate. I got a new trailer and need to get some racks. It looks like they have thought of just about everything. I was wondering about the blower holders. I have a Echo 650 and Red Max 8000 that we use most of the time and would like to know if the blower holders on the Trailer Mate work Ok? I was leaning toward the Trimmer Trap 3 trimmer holder. How do the Jungle Jim holders compare? Any imput would be heplful. Thanks.

BMFD92
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
they look pretty solid racks. I to am looking into the trailer mate for when I get my new trailer. I am also looking into the Novae gridiron

Carolina Cutter
03-10-2005, 04:29 PM
They look pretty solid but one thing you better think about is all that weight that is going to be put in the tongue of the trailer. Better have something to the rear to balance it out. Seems to put EVERYTHING on the fron half which is gonna be hard on the trailer and the tow vehicle.

hartmas
03-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Has anyone used the Jungle Jim Trailer Mate? I just got back from my winter vacation and was going through all the Grounds, Pro, Landscape etc. magizines and saw their ad introducing the Trailer Mate. I got a new trailer and need to get some racks. It looks like they have thought of just about everything. I was wondering about the blower holders. I have a Echo 650 and Red Max 8000 that we use most of the time and would like to know if the blower holders on the Trailer Mate work Ok? I was leaning toward the Trimmer Trap 3 trimmer holder. How do the Jungle Jim holders compare? Any imput would be heplful. Thanks.
Grasman,
I have used the Jungle Jim's blower mate for my husqvarna backpack blower and it works ok. The real problem was when mounted to the frame of the trailer it "teater/tottered" back and forth when the trailer was in motion, thus creating excessive bouncing of the backpack blower. I just wish they would have put more stability into the mate. Their trimmer racks are awesome, wouldn't trade them for the world!!!!! Water cooler holder is great too.

launboy
03-10-2005, 05:47 PM
if you have echo blowers make sure the racks fit the new designs. i have a trimmer trap blower rack and the loop on the blower doesn't work with the racks. its not jungle jim but it is still a problem you may face with echos design.

captken
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Grasman,
I have used the Jungle Jim's blower mate for my husqvarna backpack blower and it works ok. The real problem was when mounted to the frame of the trailer it "teater/tottered" back and forth when the trailer was in motion, thus creating excessive bouncing of the backpack blower. I just wish they would have put more stability into the mate. Their trimmer racks are awesome, wouldn't trade them for the world!!!!! Water cooler holder is great too.
A good welder could make you a custom trailer mate for less than $545.00 they are asking.
However,
I like my Jungle Jims. I have had no problems. The quality is good. I ordered the "Gear Caddy complete." I chose the blower pole over the blower mate because it holds 2 blowers. Blowers will sway in the wind at highway speed, however they have a hole drilled in the frame for the installation of a round bar stabilizer that will prevent this from happening.
I did not receive them in the kit [incomplete?] or it was optional.
See what your welder can come up with.

You need blower adapters for some blowers. I used to have a Stihl BR 400. Had to get the adapter plate. Cost $18. ouch! Looks like they used u-bolts from muffler clamps for part of it. A welder could have easily made this.

PLM-1
03-10-2005, 06:25 PM
they look pretty solid racks. I to am looking into the trailer mate for when I get my new trailer. I am also looking into the Novae gridiron

i have gridiron and love it! give it a try!

Mo Green
03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Where did you purchase them?