PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rate

Axl
03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Do any of you charge more/extra in the spring growth season for double cutting. If so how? Is it stated in your contract?

SodKing
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
yes we do the double cut charge is listed on their monthly invoice and is charge at the normal cutting rate

Aaron Marshall
03-10-2005, 07:37 PM
I guess I would reccomend figuring what you would normally charge them for a 1 time mow, add a little extra and call that good. I suggest that because there will be some times in the hot part of summer that the grass will not grow as fast and you will get done faster than it would normally. You need to come up with an average price for slow growth and double cut/bagging cuts. I think that would work fine!
Aaron

Axl
03-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I was thinking 1.5 time the normal cut price so if it was $30 a double cut is $45. Or is that too much?

Aaron Marshall
03-10-2005, 07:57 PM
To charge all season or just for the double cut months? If it was just for the double cut months, I would say yes that is good. If you plan to charge them a flat fee all season, I think that is too much, I would go 38ish, because some times it will take you alot less time than average.

jpp
03-10-2005, 08:03 PM
My self I don't charge on double cutting. Now I might get some grief, but in the fall while I am doing leaves, if I have 2 people on the property using two lazers then they are being billed for 4 people doing leaf work. So I make up any loses in the spring, I make up in the fall. Never had one complaint.

JP

hole in one lco
03-10-2005, 08:05 PM
yes but only because i come 2 times a week in the spring

Axl
03-10-2005, 08:13 PM
How do you work that out? Cutting 2 times a week

LB1234
03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Is double cutting (1) cutting twice per week OR (2) cutting the lawn twice in one visit?

If its twice per week than yes, that's two lawn cuts.

Usually, if the lawn needs to be 'double cut' I'll make sure to cut twice a week. Otherwise, I'll bag. Occasionally, I'll double cut a section of lawn for no extra charge. This of course is dependent upon the customer. Is he a full service (leaf cleanup, mulch, installs, etc.) customer? If yes, not charge, if no, charge.

Darryl G
03-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Same price all season for me. Double cut if needed. It usually only takes a few minutes extra for the 2nd cut, since I don't get picky about hitting every nook and cranny and the second cut can be done at a much higher speed.

HOOLIE
03-11-2005, 12:58 AM
I agree Darryl, the second cut is almost always just a quick touch-up. Normally just certain areas of the lawn. All things considered it doesn't add more than a few minutes extra. I do charge extra on a few lawns that are just so heinous, so incredibly nasty, that I have no other choice. I have this one lawn that takes 25 min. in the summer, but an hour and a half for the first 4-6 weeks of the season.

MOW ED
03-11-2005, 06:31 AM
You have to take over the fertilization program and get rid of the Mega-N bombers if you are getting 6 inch plus growth in a week.

I charge the same price as people will pay per cut but my agreement is to cut every 5 to 10 days at MY discretion. With a little creative route design I sometimes get to a property every 5 days and cut because it is a high profile lawn. I also know that as Aaron said above, summer time usually slows things way down.
Control the whole lawn if you can, not just the after effects of a huge liquid nitrogen blast.

bbritt
03-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Do any of you charge more/extra in the spring growth season for double cutting. If so how? Is it stated in your contract?
i leave it the same price. i know it is a pain in the neck at first but when aug comes you blast threw the lawn with no wackin sometimes and in oct so i would just deal with it :cool:

rodfather
03-11-2005, 08:02 AM
We basically eliminated the need for double cutting by putting the aggressive growing lawns on a 5 day mowing rotation.