PDA

View Full Version : Trailer mod, best & worst?

1BadHawk
03-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Im picking up my new 16' open trailer tomorrow, and have a few ideas for some mods I want to ad to it. What were the best or worst mod you did to your trailer?

LB1234
03-10-2005, 11:46 PM
mods as in modifications to the trailer, or accessories?

pjslawncare/landscap
03-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Adding a side gate made it a lot easier for me. I carry three mowers on my 16' and I can get the front one off without removing the others. Must have a wrap around tongue tho as it removes some support

LLandscaping
03-11-2005, 12:08 AM
We use TrimmerTrap racks to hold trimmers, blowers, cooler, trimmer line, etc. Their racks keep our equipment secure and have places for locks for security.

TMlawncare
03-11-2005, 12:14 AM
To me the best modification you can get for your trailer is a 6'' or 12" dovetail. It still our biggest regret regarding our trailer.
As far as accessories, you can go wrong with trimmer trap products. Also, one of the best accessories in an EZ-GATE. My back thanks me everyday for that purchase.

FrankenScagMachines
03-11-2005, 10:01 AM
My best options on my trailer I built were:
Small equipment cage at front of trailer- we use it for gas cans and blowers, other very small things also, they don't get lost and we can lock it up at lunch time or whenever.
Trimmer rack- very fast and convenient, also lockable.
Longer rear gate and lift springs on it.
Side gate for walk behind mowers
Electric brakes on both axles
Battery charger for safety breakaway battery (charges whenever hooked to truck)
Water cooler holder
Pro-Locker to secure the rider since parking brakes are a joke!
Backup lights and backup alarm for safety
Two sets of side marker lights and turn signal lights on each side of the trailer (4 sets in all).

Organization, organization and more organization!!!!!!

The worst thing on a trailer is disorganization! It will kill productivity and aggravate me to no end.

LB1234
03-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Was at the NJLCA convention a week ago. Company had an enclosed trailer with a gas tank built in. There was a gas cap on the drivers side so all you have to do is pull up to the gas station. On the passenger side to the left of the side door was a access panel. Open the panel up and you can unravel a 6-8' fuel filler. Basically pull equipment within range of this and fill directly.

No more filling up the tanks, then filling the equipment.

Problem is, they didn't offer it as an aftermarket product. Had to buy new.