PDA

View Full Version : Exmark TT 60" VS Ztr

AlbeLawn
03-11-2005, 01:10 AM
I am thinking of buying a exmark turf tracer 60" 23 kawasaki. I was going to get rid of my lesco viper 60". I think that i will be able to use it on yards that my customers think the ztr is too big for. Just looks smaller. I was wondering how much time is lost between a ztr and a walkbehind. I have some large accounts with flat acreage but i also have some with hills. So i was trying to see what people think that have them. And do you agree that the customers will think that it is a smaller mower because it is not a rider.

Jim
Albenesius Lawn Service

Turf Dancer
03-11-2005, 04:27 AM
As far as what the customer perceives it is hard saying, I think they want you out there trying to kill yourself with a 21", that way they feel like they are getting their moneys worth.

PMLAWN
03-11-2005, 05:35 AM
WB will be better on hills, do you have that issue?
Top speed on WB is about 6.8mph / Z 10+ will that matter to you?

John Gamba
03-11-2005, 08:27 AM
If you have 50% hills get the walk with a good sullky. If you have less then 50% like 30% hills and the rest is flat get the rider and a small walk for the hills.
If you have a dealer for the Convertible mower you might want to check them out.

rodfather
03-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Large (2+) acreage props are the only places you lose time with a WB vs. a Z. Last year, we actually switched some jobs to using a big WB instead of a Z and saved time on many. As for what my customer thinks about the size of the mowers, unless they approach me, I don't give it much thought. The smaller the mower they want me to use, the more it's gonna cost them. Period

ztoro
03-11-2005, 09:15 AM
The smaller the mower they want me to use, the more it's gonna cost them. Period

true...

the TT60 is a pretty big mower.... but since they see you walking they may think it is smaller...

AlbeLawn
03-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Large (2+) acreage props are the only places you lose time with a WB vs. a Z. Last year, we actually switched some jobs to using a big WB instead of a Z and saved time on many. As for what my customer thinks about the size of the mowers, unless they approach me, I don't give it much thought. The smaller the mower they want me to use, the more it's gonna cost them. Period

Thanks, I thought that i would not loose any time with them on the smaller 1/2 acre yards. i just was not sure sence i have never used one but i have seen them move and was very supprised at the speed and the quality of the cut. thanks for the feedback.

Jim
Albenesius Lawn Service

Tadams
03-12-2005, 12:10 AM
One thing you might not have considered is the fatigue factor with a WB versus a rider. Do you want forearms the size of Popeye's or carpel tunell syndrome in a few years? You can ride on a Z all day and not get tired (unless it's extremely rough and then your back might be a little sore). If your on a WB all day your hands and forearms will be tired. Your feet and knees will be sore from standig on the sulky or walking I never consider what the customer thinks about me having a larger machine on the property and have never had one make any type of comment about it. If they say anything to you tell them that a rider has a wider tire and therefore will not rut the ground as bad as a WB will because it distibutes the weight over a larger area.