PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut?

Soupy
03-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Does anyone do work for Pizza Hut? I want to know if they have each store deal with the maintenance or if the corp deals with it? I have a proposition I want to run by one location only.

Thanks,

Envy Lawn Service
03-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Soupy,

I had a call from Pizza Hut yesterday. The fellow identified himself as the district manager for the area. I'll be returning his call tomorrow. When we finish playing phone tag I'll let you know how it works here.

Soupy
03-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Soupy,

I had a call from Pizza Hut yesterday. The fellow identified himself as the district manager for the area. I'll be returning his call tomorrow. When we finish playing phone tag I'll let you know how it works here.

I'm wanting to see if one location will put my flyer on their pizza box. I did this when I first started but it was with papa Johns and that manager left after that year. I paid for this and I think because a Friend worked there he was able to set this up for me. Over the years I have called different places to try and set this up again and I always get told that it is a conflict of business or that they just don't do it unless it is for charity orgs.

I'm still going to go in and talk with the manger and show them that the flyer is professional and not just call this time. But I think if I can offer a trade in services it might be easier to sell.

By the way 13 years ago I paid 6 cents a flyer and only did 1000 of them. Since then I did get the Papa Johns manager to offer to split the cost he was paying several employees to hand out flyers. But he told me a very high number that seemed like he was trying to get me to pay for the whole thing and possibly make money. I think it was $100 per employee per day and he was sending 4 employees out for the weekend. My main goal is to get them on the pizza box though. I know when I eat pizza I grab anything that is on the box to read while eating. The only problem it is always the same old coupons from them. I thought I nice color flyer with pictures of work and some info would give a guy like me something good to ponder over while chomping down some pizza. Kinda like how we all read the back of cereal boxes, potato chip bags etc. while eating.

My gut feeling is they will tell me the same thing as in past years, but I am not going to give up. The only downfall is apartments, but hopefully they can keep them off all orders with apt #'s. Either way it is worth it especially if I can trade service.

gqnine44
03-11-2005, 08:06 AM
I am pretty sure Pizza Hut books its lawn care through their corporate offices. I have talked with them many years ago. Do you have any small local chains? Good luck getting on boxes.

twins_lawn_care
03-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Hey Soupy,
as I commented before on other threads I am also using my pizza connection. The guy I use now used to work at a chain, and they didn't want to be associaed with other businesses in that was. it's more of the franchise rules. I would think you would be better off with a local place, locally owned pizza joint. I would think Pizza Hut looks at the fact they spend millions on advertising, with TV, radio, etc. and you the little lawn guy can tag along for a mere $500 or so.
It never hurts to ask though, as you may have a nice manager down there who will let it fly. I would just simply go to all the local pizza places, ask, and then all who help you out, reward them with your business as well.

just on another note, place I have been hitting with postcards to leave lately have been work out facilities around town. The "Curves" and women's workout type places, and there are some other small locally owned ones as well. I figure this would be a good target customer base, and am giving it a shot.

good luck with it!

Eddie B
03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Does anyone do work for Pizza Hut? I want to know if they have each store deal with the maintenance or if the corp deals with it? I have a proposition I want to run by one location only.

Thanks,

Here in DE Pizza Hut handles maintenance payments at the store level. You wouldn't be dealing with anything at the corporate level. Your area may be different, however.

Soupy
03-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Twins, there is no small local pizza joints in the area I want to target :cry:. I think you are right about the way the national companies look at it. I got lucky with Papa John's that one time.

I am getting ready to head up to my neighbors high class salon. She told me I could put a stack of business cards and flyers at the receptionist desk. I told her in return we will get our hair cuts there. This is the type of place that gets good clientèle. Their prices are almost double what the national hair cut places are. They have about 8 stylist that are always booked. I am hoping this will get me in front of some high class people. They offer massages, nails, and tanning also. So it caters to people that like to be pampered.

I'm only looking to pick up a handful of new customers this year so I shouldn't have a problem.

Dstosh
03-11-2005, 02:02 PM
The Pizza Hut where I live , we bid on the one by its self. I would say go in and talk to them what do you have to lose?

Soupy
03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
The Pizza Hut where I live , we bid on the one by its self. I would say go in and talk to them what do you have to lose?

That is how I feel. I just wanted to get an idea what I was facing. I am hoping the store is independent.

mottster
03-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Here in Wichita, we mow all the pizza huts. They are managed through the corporate level if they're partnership owned. Some of the locations, however are not partnerships and are all contracted out individually. You should contact corporate offices and get the contact for your area and talk to thema bout which are available through the corporate level. Other then that, talk to each store individually.

desert rose gardening
03-12-2005, 08:53 AM
I did a clean-up at one a few years back, it was a corp deal it took 6 weeks to get paid and then they acted like I was a employee and gave me a w-2. When I got paid they never heard from me again. I took offense to them treating my like I was pizza hut employee!

fazzy815-66
03-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Ive worked for pizza hut for 15 yrs delivering and mowing many of their stores. Most are coporate ran. Still it is up to the store GM(general manager).Sometimes the area manager will suggest (some times enforce)going with one company.Some are franchise and its up to the owner.They generaly put thier own coupons on the box and won't advertise any other
thing than prices for their pizzas You might be able to leave coupons on the counter though. George :sleeping: