PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky mowers

newblade
03-11-2005, 01:08 AM
I am just wondering what people in Kentucky are charging per acre and what is their largest account this year. I like to charge about $25-30 an acre. I feel like some people on here get to charge double than that and people around here just can't and won't pay that. :cool2:

tfilbert
03-11-2005, 04:50 AM
Welcome Newblade and best of luck. Where in KY are you? I'm in the Louisville area and I charge about 50-60 per acre but for me it's more about time than area. I won't work for less than 30 per man hour period. I prefer to be in the 40-50 range when possible but you have to know your cost on each job and know if you can make your money. Find out what your competition is charging on various jobs. Most of us do give free estimates. Get estimates on Parents or Friends home. I know it's kind of sneaky but what the heck I'm sure it's been done to me.
Tim

rodfather
03-11-2005, 07:35 AM
25 bucks for an acre of grass? I think I would use goats instead of mowers.

Granted rates will vary according to the part of the country you're from, but why even bother at those prices? A gallon of gas or the price for a new mower is not going to change that much no matter where you're working.

I would seriously consider another line of work at those rates...