PDA

View Full Version : Paver Lights

bigviclbi
03-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Did a search on this not too much info. Who uses them? Who likes/hates them? How hard is install?

lawnboy30
03-11-2005, 06:04 PM
I did 1 project that had lights that showed under steps. I had an electrician run the conduit and the wiring then I did the stonework around it and then he came back and affixed the lights. Pain in the ass. Better to have accent lights outside of hardscape area that shione into onto the area.

Good luck.,

bigviclbi
03-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Were the lights low-voltage? He wants paver lights and block wall lights. I know the lights don't light anything up so I think I will try to get wall mounted lights that shine down instead and do the paver lights.

Scottish LScape
03-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Low voltage lights are easy to install,paver or block. They are not my favorite look, but you can make good payup with them.

lawnboy30
03-11-2005, 07:12 PM
No the lights weren't low voltage. Because of the "need for as much light as possible" I did not use low voltage. I made a lot of profit on that project, but it also looked much better, due to usable light versus accent light.

In general I would say to use the low voltage.

Markf
03-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Lawnboy,
Do us a favor and post some pics. AM and PM shots. Pm especially so that we can see the effect of the lighting.
mark

bigviclbi
03-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I was under the understanding that the paver lights were ALL low voltage. If you can give me brand names that would be great. I am goona try to use wall mounted lights instead of the wall blocks, what did you use? Any info greatly appreciated.

GetSomeGOJO
03-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Not all paver lights/block lights are low voltage. By the way, I just did a lighting/block job that came out looking swell... Man does it make me happy when it all comes together:)

bigviclbi
03-12-2005, 12:54 AM
getsome, how bout some details?

Georgia Bull Dog
03-12-2005, 04:48 PM
For installation in pavers , try LED lights . They last 11 years without changing the bulbs and use 1 watt. They are waterproof. Check Frog Lights, LLC they got em.

earthtool
03-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Another resource..........

http://www.fiberstars.com/sitemap.htm

Rex Mann
03-17-2005, 02:01 AM
we use Inlite brand. You can see them on our web site.

Peace,

Rex

PaversInstalled.Com (http://paversinstalled.com)

Residential Recreation
03-27-2005, 10:14 PM
i noticed you use inlite they reccomend not to tamp over their paver. do you i have not used this before and i allways like to tamp.

ChampionLS
03-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Hello everyone,

Hows this for Paver Lights?
They operate on 12-15 Volts, available in 5 colors, and last 15,000 hours! (Thats over 4 years). They are completely waterproof and will not grow annoying weeds. The lamp module is field replaceable by the homeowner or contractor with a removal tool. They will not corrode in a salty environment, and you can drive/walk over them. They will not be harmed by snowplows (nobody else can say that) or the sun's UV rays. They install similar to In-Lite's products from Canada. Every component is 100% UL listed and safe for commercial or residential construction.

Stay tuned to www.paverlighting.com for upcoming product information :)

ChampionLS
03-28-2005, 02:38 AM
Heres some more...

YardPro
03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
No the lights weren't low voltage. Because of the "need for as much light as possible" I did not use low voltage. I made a lot of profit on that project, but it also looked much better, due to usable light versus accent light.

In general I would say to use the low voltage.

i can't help but luagh when i her this.
why do people think low voltage equals less light???

here's a question. you think that a couple of your truck headlights on high beams would light up the area pretty well????

they are 12 volts.........

if you're talking about the chain store junk, they are horrible.
but EVERY commercial line has bulbs and reflectors that can produce more light than daylight.

think about those 1,000,000 CP spotlights. pretty bright hunh? still 12 volt and only 55 watt.

rdran5
04-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Yard Pro Said, "think about those 1,000,000 CP spotlights. pretty bright hunh? still 12 volt and only 55 watt."
Those Dang Carolina boys are pretty smart!!!! Like the way in which you explain things, real simple so people like me can understand..

Yardpro are you near Topsail Island?