PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay?

jeffex
03-11-2005, 05:49 AM
How much would you pay for a hot lead on a lawn customer? Suppose there was a service that went door to door for you and looked for prospective lawn customer for you. You would get a call from a prospect stating they heard about you from a student that knocked on their door . It would still be your job to close the sale but how much would you pay for that hot of a lead. Would you pay one fee for the lead and then a bonus if you sold the job. I have a friend that does this for newspapers and mortgage companies. His company provides scholarship programs for students that go door to door selling . They could target neighborhoods where you want work. I did this in college and he has been in the business for 25 years.

Mo Green
03-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Too many unknown variables here......is it a commercial account, a yearly contract, full service, mow and go, one time trimming.......

jeffex
03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Many people buy accounts from other lawn businesses. They pay big $$ to up their customer #s . In my area most cuts are around $25- 35 . A hot lead is someone who is interested in having you call them about cutting their lawn. How much would you pay to keep from going door to door yourself or spending money and time on fliers. I don't need anymore lawns myself but there was a time when I would have paid $50 to get a customer that averages $600 - 700 for a season. You could also target an area you wanted customers. If you get 20 hot leads and sell 10 thats an investment of $500 to get $6,000 worth of work.