PDA

View Full Version : collection

Toy2
03-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Quick question for you vets of the trade:

How much time do you allow customers to slid on what they owe you?

1 month, 2 months, 2 days???

Yes, I have someone who owes me some money for a small res. job, its been 3 weeks and he has been billed twice, won't answer his phone.....do I just chaulk it up as a loss?

Toy2
03-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Sorry, it should read chalk it up, not caulk it up.....duh!! Using spell check!

Anyone???

lawnman_scott
03-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I wouldnt give it up yet.I always charge in advance. I bill monthly, flat rate. You may want to look into it if you bill the same amount each month. I didnt think people would go for it, but I usually only get a few that wont, and I just leave thme for someone else to deal with.

germann
03-11-2005, 12:50 PM
30 days after bill is first left we make calls. At 60 days I start to worry. Send another bill and call again. Some people are just forgetful. We have had people avoid us to avoid paying. I call them every day and leave a message. I also get their work number and call them there. Don't get rude, just be persistant. One time we did have to leave the message that "since you will not contact us or return calls, we will need to file a claim in small claims court. We will see you in court shortly." We recieved a call and payment in 6 days.

gqnine44
03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Three weeks late isnt too bad. Dont worry too much yet. You know where they live so go visit. If they reject you to your face then move ahead with other collection efforts.

rodfather
03-11-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd like to answer, but I am probably the worst here on LS when it comes to AR's...we still have $$$ owed from last year.

lawnwerx1234
03-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Always ask for cash upfront.