PDA

View Full Version : What zero turn mower would be best? I need help!

spokenfor43
03-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Ok, here's the deal. My family lives on an 8 acre property...5 acres of which is lawn. My dad has wanted me to research zero turn mowers to find out what we want but there are so many choices out there! What mower would work best for our property? What size mower? What are the best quality brands and their price ranges? Is there anything else to be considering while researching for what we want? Also if you have any other info/advice to give I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Bama1
03-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Exmark 60 inch cut. You caqn not beat the quality or the cut!!!!

procut
03-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Exmark 60 inch cut. You caqn not beat the quality or the cut!!!!
I agree, that would probably work out well for you.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-11-2005, 01:02 PM
You will get a lot of different opinions on this, but Exmark is the most popular as you can see. I would recommend a 60 inch whatever you get. Im very pleased with my JD but I did not have a exmark dealer in my area. Hustler, Toro, and Ferris are also quite popular. You will not go wrong with any of these but make sure you have a good dealer support whatever you get.

ztoro
03-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Exmark, Scag, JD,etc..

of the big names see what kind of dealer support you have locally.. take it from there....

Pumper
03-11-2005, 01:28 PM
For what you are talking about, I would look at either the Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle or the Bad Boy Pup. They are both solidly built machines that are commercial grade but aimed at the home owner with a few acres. Both have commerical drive systems (pumps and motors) with extended warranties. Both have heavy duty decks under them. When you look at some of the other units aimed at home-owners, they use a single drive unit per side with less of a warranty. Either of the machines I mentioned above will run you about $6000 for a 48-50" cut with a 19-24hp engine. Dixie Chopper will have a bigger engine because that is what they do.