PDA

View Full Version : Peerless/Tecumseh parts

shorty7616
03-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I posted a while back about a tranny problem...anyway, took it to the dealer. It sat at the dealer for 2 weeks before they decided to look at it. They got around to it this week, and found out it needed 2 parts (I told them that I needed one of them-a tranny cover.) Well, they just got around to ordering the parts on Wednesday, and they have no idea about when it will come in.

I'll be mowing next weekend, no loaner, no help, no nothing.

I called all the parts places and dealers around here-NASHVILLE, no parts in stock or anything else. I even called Exmark directly, no help.

I'm worn out, I need something to cut grass with next week. I would even use a Deere at this point.

I NEED HELP!!!!! Someone Please

deereman
03-11-2005, 07:28 PM
If you are going to use a Deere, you better be ready to purchase one. Once you set your butt on the seat youll want one..................lol just ha d to say that :laugh: :laugh:

MP350
03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
If you are talking about a walk behind type tranny, you could always get a new one. List price from mow more is around $200 bucks.

lawnman_scott
03-11-2005, 07:35 PM
if this isnt your mower, go through and find it, i would bet they will have it
http://www.j-thomas.com/Catalog/045.htm

lawnman_scott
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
this is probably better
http://www.j-thomas.com/Catalog/171.htm

shorty7616
03-11-2005, 07:46 PM
I called J thomas and they don't have any in stock either- other than the entire tranny- and it would be a week or so before it came in.

A local guy around here had a tranny in stock and he wanted $250.00 for it.

Next ?, should I go ahead and get a new one, and if I do do I put it in myself, have the dealer put it in.

And will the dealer demand $$ for the services already performed?

lawnman_scott
03-11-2005, 08:10 PM
They usually have everything. The mower shop will probably want money for what they did (nothing), but get it fixed anyway you can. Its their fault for waiting so long.

Roger
03-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I have had excellent success in getting any parts I needed from Power Equipment Warehouse. Here is the web address:

www.power41.com

I presume you have the parts book and know the part numbers of the parts you need. I supply them with part numbers, and they confirm inventory. Shipment has always been same day or next day. If they don't have something, they drop ship it from the manufacturer. Use the 800 number and call them. They have very little stock listed online, but have supplied any Exmark part. Knowing the part numbers from your parts book is key.

shorty7616
03-11-2005, 09:40 PM
So here's my plan. I go in tomorrow and demand that the mower get fixed with a new tranny, and I'm not going to pay for the labor already done.

lawnman_scott
03-11-2005, 10:03 PM
So here's my plan. I go in tomorrow and demand that the mower get fixed with a new tranny, and I'm not going to pay for the labor already done.
They will tell you it cant be done, and your not getting your mower till you pay the bill. It sucks, but they have the upper hand here.

shorty7616
03-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Well....what would ya'll do?

This dealer has been pretty good to me, but I can't make much $ when I don't have a mower. And they have had plenty of time to work on it.