PDA

View Full Version : "HOT" efficient rigs PICS

David Grass
03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I saw some earlier pics of big money rigs, but even us smaller guys can glean some satisfaction from a plethra of assets that just "work" great together. Mine is a featherlite trailer with rails that detach as ramps for either the back or side, and a 52 side discharge Walker, a 54 Hustler WB, towed by a V6 2.8 Trooper. Great on gas, and no overkill, works for me!!!

ChadA
03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Looks good. Nice and Clean. Do you use the side to load? Or just the back. I used to work for an LCO who a small side gate that was nice for unloading the 21" when it was needed. Nice not having to unload everything else. I'm looking into getting one myself.

rdran5
03-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Just wondering have you ever had to back down those ramps, I could tell ya a funny story, lets just saY, the very next day I ordered my Big Tex 18 ft with attached ramp.
But, if it works for you, Good on ya!!

David Grass
03-11-2005, 08:37 PM
I use the back if both mowers are coming off, but can just bypass getting the rear mower off by going side, and cutting the angle too, by using the curb and yard.

rdran5
03-11-2005, 08:40 PM
David, have you ever had to pull that rig up I40 from Old Fort, might not be fun with those walkers. (Stay in the right lane) ha ha..

rdran5
03-11-2005, 08:43 PM
David, I am curious are you full or part time, what else do you do in Asheville.
I am thinking about moving back to Mcdowell county when I retire from the military. Is their room for another LCO?

David Grass
03-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Those ramps HOOK in , so they are not moving, and NO, I avoid that mountain, altho I may have to mow the inlaws in Greenville SC, but will only take the one Hustler (big mountain there too)!

David Grass
03-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Getting very competitive here in asheville now, but, always room for small operations I am sure, that can grow over time.

o-so-n-so
03-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Do you just mow? Where do you put all the other stuff needed to service a property?

Nice mowers.................

TMlawncare
03-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Wow, that hustler walk behind almost dwarfs the Walker. Look how big those drive tires are. BTW, any problems loading/unloading the walker without a gate?

Mo Green
03-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Do you just mow? Where do you put all the other stuff needed to service a property?

I was wondering the same.

TURF DOCTOR
03-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Nice david you are looking good, i also have a featherlite i love mine is has a back ramp.

David Grass
03-12-2005, 08:33 AM

Weed eater, and blower in the back of the Trooper, the back seats let down for a long space, and I can keep them locked up when mowing.

David Grass
03-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Wow, that hustler walk behind almost dwarfs the Walker. Look how big those drive tires are. BTW, any problems loading/unloading the walker without a gate?
NO, I actually have a 2 by 8 board with ramp hardware on it for the middle when the Walker comes off.

Richard Martin
03-12-2005, 08:51 AM
I saw some earlier pics of big money rigs, but even us smaller guys can glean some satisfaction from a plethra of assets that just "work" great together. Mine is a featherlite trailer with rails that detach as ramps for either the back or side, and a 52 side discharge Walker, a 54 Hustler WB, towed by a V6 2.8 Trooper. Great on gas, and no overkill, works for me!!!

Efficiency would be trailer ramps that don't require assembly and disassembly everytime you use them. Efficiency would be trimmer and blower racks on the trailer. It is much faster than having to fart around opening and fooling around in the back of a SUV. Efficiency is having a vehicle powerful enough to go over the mountain instead of having to drive around it or having to unload equpment to go over it.

David Grass
03-12-2005, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Richard Martin]Efficiency would be trailer ramps that don't require assembly and disassembly everytime you use them. Efficiency would be trimmer and blower racks on the trailer. It is much faster than having to fart around opening and fooling around in the back of a SUV. Efficiency is having a vehicle powerful enough to go over the mountain instead of having to drive around it or having to unload equpment to go over it.[/QUOTE
Going over old fort mountain was a joke, I NEVER need to, I mow in asheville, and all my clients are clustered, VERY efficient, and I bet I get my weed eater out faster than you can unlock yours and get it off your rack. Also, by the time you let your gate down, and decide you need the mower off the front of the trailer for that particular job, I bet I am already mowing with mine cuz I am off the side in the yard. Now, if I had to drive to one yard, then drive to another, then drive to another, you might be BARELY more efficient than me, but everywhere I go, I mow 3 to 5 yards, so this setup could not be improved in my opinion.

gogetter
03-12-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't know if I'd want to be in front of ya if you had to get on your brakes real hard. :eek:

David Grass
03-12-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't know if I'd want to be in front of ya if you had to get on your brakes real hard. :eek:
Yes, that is a concern of mine too (well,probably not you in front, lol), but for now, I drive in 35 mph zones without much traffic,I only travel a few miles, and I really STAY off peoples butts, and lastly I only need to take both mowers, a couple of times a week, the other day, just the Hustler (the total trailer weight it only 735 lbs.!!!, and with THAT setup, I can slam on brakes and it stops quick. If I can pick up a Ford 250 in the future at a great price, I might, but for now, this is a workable group of equipment, given the fact that I am blessed with Clustered accounts very close to where I live. I have cultivated that on purpose for 17 years now, refusing to satelite out to areas with a lot of driving.

LawnsRUsInc.
03-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Here is our dirty maint. trailer that has been sitting all winter.