PDA

View Full Version : 17 calls today and still counting business is great

Royallawncare
03-11-2005, 11:37 PM
This past week i have been really busy with things other than my business and have only been able to pass out a little under 250 flyers in the last 3 days, so far from those 250 I have recieved 17 calls today, and 12 calls yesterday I cant wait to see what comes tommorow. All of those calls were for spring aerations which is a big business for me early on but i am trying to land mowing contracts. How can i entice them to get on for my services full time instead of the one time aerations? (I have only recieved 2 calls so far this year for mowing contracts out of 675 flyers to date)

mtdman
03-11-2005, 11:39 PM
It is very disheartening to see all these threads about calls and working already when it's still freakin' snowing here! I'm going to have to work again in the morning!

:angry:

alpine692003
03-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Damn, work has began 2 months ago for me..

Lawnchoice
03-12-2005, 12:38 AM
MTD - We are in the same boat around New Hampshire's coast lately. I am going to a large flower show this weekend to remind me of what plants smell like.

MORE SNOW TONIGHT/TOMORROW ! :nono:

jt5019
03-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Still snowing here it will be a few more weeks before its dry enough to do anything.Even without snow i have never gotten 29 calls from only 250 flyers even if its just for aerations you must have hit the perfect area.

lawnrangeralaska
03-12-2005, 01:24 AM
i dont start clean ups until april and no mowing until early may.

lampeslawnservice
03-12-2005, 01:27 AM
There's grass in Alaska :laugh: Your snow removal is probably pretty good, huh? Or does everybody just let it pile up?

lawnrangeralaska
03-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Haha no, the lower 48 gets more snow. you guys get like over a foot dumps at a time. we hardly ever see a foot on the ground. But 45 minutes away in anchorage pop 350,000 . gets like 3 feet a year. snow plowers arent makin anything this year. It has been 45 degrees this week, the 4 inches we had is melting fast. o and 45 degrees is nice weather,, no humidee.... :laugh:

lawnrangeralaska
03-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Haha no, the lower 48 gets more snow. you guys get like over a foot dumps at a time. we hardly ever see a foot on the ground. But 45 minutes away in anchorage pop 350,000 . gets like 3 feet a year. snow plowers arent makin anything this year. It has been 45 degrees this week, the 4 inches we had is melting fast. o and 45 degrees is nice weather,, no humidee.... :laugh: the lower 48 gets colder temps..
hard to believe but its true..

Mo Green
03-12-2005, 07:04 AM
This past week i have been really busy with things other than my business and have only been able to pass out a little under 250 flyers in the last 3 days, so far from those 250 I have recieved 17 calls today, and 12 calls yesterday I cant wait to see what comes tommorow. All of those calls were for spring aerations which is a big business for me early on but i am trying to land mowing contracts. How can i entice them to get on for my services full time instead of the one time aerations? (I have only recieved 2 calls so far this year for mowing contracts out of 675 flyers to date)
Educate them on other services that you provide. Come up with a good incentive program. Sell yourself, as well as your services.

kipcom
03-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Nice to hear your Biz is doing good.

We found / tapped a part of the lawncare market that has increased our business (new customers) atleast 1000% over our normal ad-ons.

Its going to be a good year..... :drinkup:

Jpocket
03-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Aerate Free if they sign a mowing contract

Lux Lawn
03-12-2005, 03:40 PM
It is very disheartening to see all these threads about calls and working already when it's still freakin' snowing here! I'm going to have to work again in the morning!

:angry:

I know the feeling...What was looking like an early spring for us now looks like it could be one of the latest starting years I can remember.After only plowing 1 time in Feb. we have been out 6 times already in March and its only the 12th.

rodfather
03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
we have been out 6 times already in March and its only the 12th.

Hey Larry, can ya say, "cha-ching?" :drinkup:

Lux Lawn
03-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey Larry, can ya say, "cha-ching?" :drinkup:

Rod
Thats the problem here its not like that...Unless you have big commercial account the pay sucks.

aries
03-12-2005, 04:01 PM
What's grass look like again? :confused:

Lux Lawn
03-12-2005, 04:02 PM
What's grass look like again? :confused:

Not sure but I think its green. :D

Royallawncare
03-23-2005, 09:44 PM
There is no way i am going to give them a free aeration with a mowing contract that is too much of a service i offer around here... I have already aerated over 120 lawns so far giving that away would mean giving away valuable money

Wells
03-23-2005, 10:52 PM
There is no way i am going to give them a free aeration with a mowing contract that is too much of a service i offer around here... I have already aerated over 120 lawns so far giving that away would mean giving away valuable money

Trevor,

Why would you not consider giving the client a free aerating in order to get a full seasonal mowing contract out of them? A simple $30 aerating shouldn't break the bank. (for those that don't know that's the going price for aerating in this state)
Your looking at the smaller picture and how this freebie is going to affect your income in the short term rather then looking at this freebie as a marketing tool to expand your business long term.

You asked how you can get your aerating customers to sign on for more that just an aerating, the simple answer is to offer them something they can't refuse. Lets say you give away a simple $30 aerating but you gain a seasonal mowing client at $30 per mow and you mow that clients yard for 28 weeks.

Short Term = $30
Long Term = $840

If you don't like the idea of giving away the aerating try offering it for 1/2 price. You'll still make some money off the aerating and the customer will still feel like they are getting a deal. Also, if you do offer the free or half priced aerating keep track of the lost income and write it off next year on your taxes as a marketing expense.

spoolinaround
03-24-2005, 12:24 AM
I get $100 a pop for aeration and another $40 for a spring fert application, ad tax and it comes to $150 even

no way in hell I would give that away, already have 75 jobs booked for whenever the snow quits falling :sigh:

JRAZ
03-24-2005, 12:37 AM
We started up our mowing maintenance the last week of Feb here. We have had an exceptionally warm winter. Things have been rolling for a while. We are super excited for this year with good reason. We are off to a great start and things only look up. This is going to be an excellent year. Spring just began and we just finished our most solid winter. We don't snow plow here as there is NO SNOW! I need to go to bed. I started typing and now can't even recall what this thread was all about.