PDA

View Full Version : Echo Power Heads

jtrice11
03-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Anyone have any opinions on the Echo powerhead, and the various attachments? I'm considering going this route as opposed to buying trimmer, power pruner, broom, etc... all seperately. I've heard some people have concerns over lack of power.

jtrice11
03-12-2005, 10:53 AM
anyone have any experience with these things??

K&L Landscaping
03-12-2005, 11:20 AM
No experience personally but a friend of mine has the Stihl Kombi System and he seems to like it. My personal preference is to buy dedicated machinery (edger, trimmer, pruner etc..) but I certainly understand wanting to save some cash.

dhess
03-12-2005, 11:33 AM
anyone have any experience with these things??

We just ordered another PAS source (not sure which one my brother ordered probably the ps-260) along with a hedge trimmer attachment.

I use the straight hedge clipper attachment all the time though it does lack a bit of power like a regular handheld unit, but its much better on my back and I don't have to bend over as much when doing bushes.

We also picked up the articulating hedge clipper attachment on our new unit in hopes that might make life a little bit easier.

We also have the brush cutter attachment which works great and a trimmer attachment.

If I remember correctly we did use it as trimmer for a few months at one time and I remember it being a little bit heavier than our normal trimmers, but don't hold me to that. It worked great though.

ps: switching heads needs to be made a little easier though on the unit since it requires some tools so I wouldn't plan (at least on the older models) on just switching heads every 15 mins.

Classic
03-12-2005, 11:50 AM
I have used the PAS-260 in the past with multi attachments including the trimmer, pole saw, hedge clipper and edger and it worked great!

My company is a little bigger now and I prefer individual trimmers, edgers etc.

If you get an Echo PAS make sure to get the 260 so that you will have plenty of power!!

gl1200a
03-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I went to the PAS-260 last year. Since I work alone I wanted a power unit that us run often instead of several seperate units that would only be started once in a while when needed. Plus the cost is lower over all than retail for each unit with seperate engine. I've also purchased almost every attachment thru eBay for much less than retail. Hedge trimmer, edger, tiller, string trimmer (for a backup to my Echo trimmer and brush cuter so far. I think it works great.

jtrice11
03-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Great advice everyone, very helpful. I appreciate it. I think i'll give it a try. My brother is going to stick with the dedicated units. I'll be going with the most powerful head (262 I think?).