Think this is a lawyer??
http://www.ridinglawnmowersafety.com/

Branchland
03-12-2005, 11:34 AM
They come up with everything.

Aaron Marshall
03-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Man I hope they expand the saftey switches to Zero Turn Wowers!!! :mad:

See the money rackin up... what is the country coming to? They have so many suggestions for kids like they shouldn't play on the monkey bars.... when I have kids, there will be no video games... they need to get out get dirty and live. Boy oh boy what a sore subject... Sue happy America.

beransfixitinc
03-12-2005, 12:12 PM
So.. if the consumer knowingly defeats the safety switch, and this injury happens.. can the manufacturer sue the consumer?

Carolina Cutter
03-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Well it has been called "America's Most Popular Indoor Sport". I agree.....people found out that they could make an easy buck and they went crazy with it. No one accepts responsibility anymore.

On a good note....at least here in NC....they are making it tougher for people to file Bankruptcy. Seems as though now they will still have to pay the debts they just have an extended time and no fees. Thank goodness somebody FINALLY saw the light and quit letting everyone get away with such irresponsibility. Personally I think if you are truly down and out that is one thing but there are many driving much nicer vehicles than I have and living in nicer houses that filed Bankruptcy so they wouldn't have to pay for them.

Thank you for making America responsible again......THE WAY I WAS RAISED!

beransfixitinc
03-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Well it has been called "America's Most Popular Indoor Sport". I agree.....people found out that they could make an easy buck and they went crazy with it. No one accepts responsibility anymore.

On a good note....at least here in NC....they are making it tougher for people to file Bankruptcy. Seems as though now they will still have to pay the debts they just have an extended time and no fees. Thank goodness somebody FINALLY saw the light and quit letting everyone get away with such irresponsibility. Personally I think if you are truly down and out that is one thing but there are many driving much nicer vehicles than I have and living in nicer houses that filed Bankruptcy so they wouldn't have to pay for them.

I believe something similar to that on the bankruptcy thing is also about to be in effect here in TX... dang.. I better hurry up and file before it takes effect.

Evergreenpros
03-12-2005, 03:31 PM

I believe in responsibility but I also believe in taking risks. Imagine the number of new businesses there would be with no bankruptcy option. I would guess it would be half or less of what it is now. To get ahead, our tax structure and money supply forces people to go into debt. Imagine trying to buy a house and having to pay cash for it, or a car, college, equipment, etc.

We borrow money to buy goods and services, companies hire people (us) to provided those goods and services, the company then takes the revenue to pay it's employees(us) and to buy equipment and services(from us) and on and on and on.

Imagine how many nice homes there would be if nobody went into debt up to their eyeballs to get them built? Imagine how many nice homes there would be if the company who built them had to pay cash for everything.

The high number of bankruptcies is just a byproduct of our economy. It's the way things work. It's like the stock market in a way. When you buy $10,000 worth of Company A and it decreases in value, do you sell it and try something else or do you hold on hoping it will get better? It all depends.

Bankruptcy is the same. When you take a risk and it doesn't work out, do you declare bankruptcy or try and work through it? More often than not it's better to go into bankruptcy and start over doing something else because you may never work out of the debt. If there was no bankruptcy I would NOT be a business owner. Racking up $100,000+ in debt from a business gone bad then having to pay for it by working for a wage. And of course the interest would be 18% or more per year if you are in default. No thanks, to risky.

yrdandgardenhandyman
03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I think they're talking about home owner stuff. Home owners are usually a lot less adept with this equipment, having only used it a couple of hours every 10 days or so.

We had a elderly 'scrub' roll a John Deere rider down a hill last year. He had bypassed every safety feature on the machine and he fell off of the rider as it proceed to roll over the top of him, with the full deck still running. It was at an apt house my daughter was living at. It was a horrible mess. The man's wife was going to sue John Deere because her husband was able to bypass the safety features. :dizzy: Of course that suit didn't last long. John Deere even gave her a check for dropping the case.
The manufacturers just need to engineer what I call the 'dumbass factor'.