PDA

View Full Version : New Enclosed Trailer for 05!

Petr51488
03-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Heres my new enclosed trailer i got for the 05 season.. Its a 6x12 single axle with electric brakes.. What do you guys think?

Carolina Cutter
03-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Now get that thing lettered and get some Skid-Not paint fot that gate.

Petr51488
03-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Now get that thing lettered and get some Skid-Not paint fot that gate.

Im not going to get it lettered.. If i do, i can't keep it in my driveway. As for the non skid plaint, i was thinking of putting some diamond plating on it.. - Peter

proenterprises
03-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Very nice, what are you pulling it with?

cooksjr537
03-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Nice trailer

mdb landscaping
03-12-2005, 04:58 PM
youre gonna grow out of that quick. trust me :D

Petr51488
03-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks, i don't think ill grow out of it at all. All i have is a 36'' mower and a 21'' mower along with the blowers/trimmers. So, for now i think its good. I am using a chevy silverado to tow it with..

AL Inc
03-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Nice trailer Petr. Great way to keep your tools safe and organized. I love having everything in my trailer, especially when a client asks for something extra, you have the tool. I have a 16" Haulmark, and one thing I was happy I did was to add 8" strips of diamond plate along the bottom of the walls. This prevents the machines from banging up the walls of the trailer. Good luck with it

blair smock
03-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Very nice trailer, There is alot to be said for that size, you can take it about anywhere. Congrats, hope it keeps your equipment safe and dry. blair

LawnsRUsInc.
03-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Nice trailer you will like that size very manuverable. Maybe if you get it lettered up it might out way the costs to where you can pay to store it at a facility.

Jason

Petr51488
03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Yea, its a nice size trailer. The only thing i don't like about it is that im too tall for it. Im 6'3 and 1/2. The only spot where i can stand up straight is between the roof beams. other than that, i have to duck under everything..

Turf Dancer
03-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Im not going to get it lettered.. If i do, i can't keep it in my driveway. As for the non skid plaint, i was thinking of putting some diamond plating on it.. - Peter

Why can't yuo keep it in your driveway if you get it lettered? That seems like a bunch of B***s**t! Who has the authority to tell you what you can and cannot park in your driveway? Tons of people take home work vehicles that are lettered!

Petr51488
03-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Why can't yuo keep it in your driveway if you get it lettered? That seems like a bunch of B***s**t! Who has the authority to tell you what you can and cannot park in your driveway? Tons of people take home work vehicles that are lettered!

From what i hear, you can't keep commercial vehicles (lettered trailers/trucks) at your place of residence. Im kinda tight for money now anyway.

Petr51488
03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Heres a picture with the diamond plate door. It looks real nice..

Turf Dancer
03-23-2005, 05:26 AM
The diamond plate looks nice. I am trying to order an enclosed trailer now, the problem is I want to keep it as short as possible but I don't want to order it too small. I need to fit 2-21", a Billy goat vac, a 36 wb, and a 52" LZHP w/Ultravac in it. I was trying to go with a 14' but I think I need to go 16'. I should sell my Lazer ZHP and then go smaller on the trailer. But I think that might hurt my growth.

kipcom
03-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Positive: Nice trailer for a small operator.

Negative: Color Black...This will get VERY hot in the sunny days of summer.

Next trailer, make sure it is "white"....white is right :cool2:

Good Luck

Bings
03-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Nice Trailer, Where did you find diamond plate in a sheet that big? I saw some at Home Depot the other day and it was VERY expensive for small strips.

Petr51488
03-23-2005, 08:35 AM
As for the color.. Yea, i thought about it, but that was after i ordered it. It airs out quickly with the ramp down and side door open. So i guess ill find out in July lol. My dad bought the diamond plate. He owns a truck and trailer repair business, so buys these types of things. The widest you can get though is 5 feet. So i had to cut off some of it.

Italysfinest327
03-23-2005, 02:59 PM
very nice trailer, how much did that run you, and also whats the biggest single axle trailer that haulmark makes, as of now im using a home built trailer and its pretty banged up, its about 12 years old, and i want to upgrade and buy one this time around, but it has to be single axle, any help would be appreciated

Petr51488
03-23-2005, 04:36 PM
very nice trailer, how much did that run you, and also whats the biggest single axle trailer that haulmark makes, as of now im using a home built trailer and its pretty banged up, its about 12 years old, and i want to upgrade and buy one this time around, but it has to be single axle, any help would be appreciated

I paid 2695 for it without taxes. (isn't registered yet) It has brakes, so that was 200.00 more. Im not sure what the largest they make. I think after 6x12 is all tandem axel. - Peter

MMLawn
03-23-2005, 10:01 PM
The plate "looks" good but that was a huge mistake as the First time it rains your mower is just going to set there and spin and you are going to break your azz going up and down on that diamond plate as it will be slick as a mole's azz when it gets the least little bit of water on it.....

Petr51488
03-25-2005, 11:43 PM
The plate "looks" good but that was a huge mistake as the First time it rains your mower is just going to set there and spin and you are going to break your azz going up and down on that diamond plate as it will be slick as a mole's azz when it gets the least little bit of water on it.....

Yea.. your right.. I stepped in some water today and went down the ramp.. and it was reall slippery.. But, i don't think ill have a problem bringing the equipment up the ramp.. One push should make it up..

Toy2
03-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Looks sweet!!! Great job!! :)

Petr51488
03-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Here are 2 pics of the trimmer racks i made today. They are reall stirdy and made out of 2 2x4's. And theres one of the table i made today as well. Check it out, let me know what you think..

ed2hess
03-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Nice trailer. We run one almost like yours a little bigger and just about wore out it is 10 years old. You might keep in mind on your first picture you had a bunch of locks but when they steal the trailers they use the chains to hook up. We back our trailer up against a building and keep truck attached. We put a inside bar on the side door so if they get the lock off they can't open the door. After getting stuff taken once we made a few changes.

Petr51488
03-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Nice trailer. We run one almost like yours a little bigger and just about wore out it is 10 years old. You might keep in mind on your first picture you had a bunch of locks but when they steal the trailers they use the chains to hook up. We back our trailer up against a building and keep truck attached. We put a inside bar on the side door so if they get the lock off they can't open the door. After getting stuff taken once we made a few changes.

Good point about the chains.. never thought of that... Itll be kind of hard to put a bar on the inside door... I have the luan walls.... but i wouln't go that far.. all you have to do is use an air chizzle on chizzle off the rivets on the door.. takes about a minute. lol but thats a different story. I was thinking about using a bar and putting them through the tires.. but as of now.. the locks should do good for now.. - Peter

ChampionLS
03-28-2005, 01:45 AM
I bought a new Trailer back in 04, it was a custom made trailer by Pace American. It's their summit line (which is for landscapers) I added about $3000 worth of options to the base price of $5,5000.00 It was WELL WORTH IT!. My last trailer fell apart, and I take great care of my equipment.

The trailer is a 8 x 16, with a 60" long tongue (option) 12V & 120 V. lighting and outlets (option) Etrack in the walls (option) Etrack shelves in the front (option) anchors in the floor (option) 3/4 pressure treated plywood throughout (walls,floor) side door, drop tailgate with flip down ramp. LED lighting, 8,000 Lbs axles (option), roof vents, side vents, arched bulkhead (option), panneling ceiling (option) , diamond plate bulkhead protector, and best of all NO RIVETS!! the skin of the trailer is smooth aluminum with no rivets anywhere. I have no idea how they do it, but now I can have the trailer lettered and not have any stupid rivets to mess up the lettering.

I'll post some pictures soon as I can get it out for the spring. Ground is soggy where its parked. I'm 300% happy with it. Heck, I'd live in it.

Petr51488
03-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Here's the finished product. Got the racks up, and the hook in for the blower.. Works for me...

soccerlawn
03-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Trimmer rack looks great, how do you plan on securing the blower to the table.

Petr51488
03-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Trimmer rack looks great, how do you plan on securing the blower to the table.

Thanks.. Um, actually im going to put a lip on that shelf from the wall to the tube so it doesnt fall forward.. Other than that.. thats it.. it doesnt move side to side..

dlgunn
04-01-2005, 09:33 AM
What kind of floor is that? I need to put one in my enclosed trailer.
Thanks Danny

Petr51488
04-01-2005, 03:22 PM
What kind of floor is that? I need to put one in my enclosed trailer.
Thanks Danny

Its actually one of those industrial carpets with the rubber bottum. I like to keep my things clean and looking brand new.. So i spent the extra money and bought the carpet to put in it.. I also installed the diamond plate door on it too..