PDA

View Full Version : mouting the trimmer rack

man of stihl
03-12-2005, 11:05 PM
well the new trimmer rack came in today and i was wondering wut are my options on mounting.. i am mounting on the curb side. is bolting it on better than welding or is it the other way around??

nitrotim
03-13-2005, 09:33 AM
well the new trimmer rack came in today and i was wondering wut are my options on mounting.. i am mounting on the curb side. is bolting it on better than welding or is it the other way around??

I mounted mine curbside with the supplied bolts and then I had a friend skewer the bolts with a bead across them. This will stop anyone from unbolting your rack and walking off with your trimmers and also prevent the bolt from backing out from vibration.

procut
03-13-2005, 12:16 PM
I just bolted mine on the curb side as well with the supplied bolts. Its stayed there for over two years with no problems.

man of stihl
03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
mine didnt come with bolts..the uprights are made out of angle iron.. with a skinny little whole drilled in the bottom. one of them has little rubber hooks.. the other has a lock and holding thing. i was thinking maybe u bolts like on a truck axle. i guess they are goin all the way to the floor.. they are long enough ;)

stumper1620
03-13-2005, 03:48 PM
mine didnt come with bolts..the uprights are made out of angle iron.. with a skinny little whole drilled in the bottom. one of them has little rubber hooks.. the other has a lock and holding thing. i was thinking maybe u bolts like on a truck axle. i guess they are goin all the way to the floor.. they are long enough ;)
Is this a Trimmer Trap rack? Mine didn't have bolts either, I bolted mine on then tagged a weld on the bolt as was mentioned earlier.

man of stihl
03-14-2005, 04:30 PM
i dunt know i bought it from ebay off of mowtownusa or sumthing :)

Anthony-MB
03-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Does anyone know of trimmer racks that mount on a truck.
I have a bedliner, so I'm looking for something that would fit into the top holes on the side of the bed.