PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Blower

HydroRI
03-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know what manufacturer makes Lesco's model LHB 2500 hand held Blower? Would anyone recommend it? It will mostly be used for blowing fertilizer off walks and driveways.

Classic
03-12-2005, 11:45 PM
No, I would not recommend that blower. Parts availability could be an issue.

Buy a Redmax or even an Echo hand held blower from a good quality commercial dealer. You won't go wrong with either one.

Dstosh
03-12-2005, 11:57 PM
I dont think parts availability will be an issue, lesco can take care of you just like the echo or redmax dealer can. I think that you'll do just fine with that blower. Im a shindaiwa fan myself but I have handled the lesco unit and its not bad.

walker-talker
03-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I dont think parts availability will be an issue, lesco can take care of you just like the echo or redmax dealer can. I think that varies from Lesco to Lesco. My Lesco dealers does not stock any parts and has no shop. They have a small warehouse where their primary sales are chemicals and fertilizer. I bought a leaf vac from them a couple years ago. I asked what if something broke on it, who would work on it? They said that they would have to send it out to get fixed. I still ended up buying the unit from them, but only because I was getting $700 off the list price (they had it laying around and was only in their way) and I figured by the time it broke down that the warranty would already be expired. I would not recommend buying anything with much mechanics involved from MY lesco dealer. On the other hand, if they have an in-house shop, you might be ok. I have no idea about that blower, but I am happy with my Redmax 7001!

Classic
03-13-2005, 07:58 AM
I dont think parts availability will be an issue, lesco can take care of you just like the echo or redmax dealer can. I think that you'll do just fine with that blower. Im a shindaiwa fan myself but I have handled the lesco unit and its not bad.

Uh, No they can't. Lesco is not known for parts availability around here. Who knows who made the blower as well. Lesco sure didn't.

Stick with a name brand like Redmax or Echo.

Mo Green
03-13-2005, 09:33 AM
You will not find the same service support with Lesco as you will with others such as Redmax, Echo, or Stihl.

Dstosh
03-13-2005, 10:47 AM
I am getting the impression that all lesco dealers arent the same. Mine has a shop in it and they can fix anything that you bring in there. So i guess it what it boils down to is the dealer. Sorry about that.

Mo Green
03-13-2005, 10:54 AM
The Lesco in my area has a shop too, but I have never seen anyone in there working. The main problem is, they don't stock the same vast array of parts that a commercial equipment dealer may. This can mean more down time for your equipment, if the part needed is not in stock.

Dstosh
03-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah I guess that this thread proves the importance of dealer support. To each his own, and I guess lescos and any other dealer for that matter differ everywhere.

Mo Green
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
If you are confident the Lesco in your area will provide you with the equipment and service you desire, then don't hesitate to buy there.

txlawnking
03-13-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't know about the specific blwer you're refering to, but around here, Lesco caries Kawasaki handheld gear. I love Kawi trimmers, but I also can fix anything I own..At least locally, Lesco farms out all of their repairs.. Not a big deal for me, But to not mechanic types I'd say it's a bad deal..If you can wrench, I'd say go for it.. BTW, If you take care of it, that blower should do you just fine.. But if you neglect or abuse ANY piece of equipment, it won't last too long.

lawn_pro
03-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Used lesco blowers before, dont know who makes them. They dont seem to have any power, I would buy echo for the money.

Turf Smart
03-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know what manufacturer makes Lesco's model LHB 2500 hand held Blower? Would anyone recommend it? It will mostly be used for blowing fertilizer off walks and driveways.

I believe the answer to your question is Maryuama. I don't really like their hand-held blowers. They seem to "bog" unless you drill a larger hole for the exhaust port. Try an Echo or Stihl.

The Lesco's in this area seem to stock the more common parts, like belts & filters, but not the oddball stuff. It can take a day or a month to get them if they are ordered. Depending on who is in charge, sometimes they will rob a part from a floor machine to get you going if needed. The Lesco's here do not have shops. They say they don't have enough work to keep a mechanic busy. I guess that could be a good sign?